advertisement

New Linn streamer

especially the Singer 911s, they make me go weak at the knees.

Nothing wrong with strange obsessions Mr linnfomanic, each to their own, but I do confess a certain lack of empathy for such a strange desire -

vintage-singer-photos-7.jpg

I pretty much agree with all of that, not sure I see a photocopier when I look at the new KDS, looks more like a very expensive games console to me. I might feel differently seeing it in the flesh. As for the traditional Klimax boxes, they’re a timelessly beautiful piece of design, and look outstanding in black or silver. The only improvement they could’ve made on them for me, is green displays and lighting, particularly on the black boxes, it would look amazing, but blue was all the rage when they were originally introduced.
It’s funny how tastes (or lack of taste in my case!) differ - I have four Klimax boxes and love the blue LEDs. Green looks, to me, to be old-fashioned, probably because of the amount of LK boxes I had back in the ‘nineties.

Mick

There is no envy on my part. Linn have pedigree and should know what they are doing. They made the genius decision to propel into CA years ago. The issue for me is in their presentation. The Apprentice appearance made me question their seriousness. Very pretentious and more aimed at the , ‘this would look nice with your Matisse maquette market’ than the audio market. More attention on appearance than the function. What does their ‘in house’ approach mean apart from more money and grip on after market profits? I’ve heard some high end Linn CA. Very nice sounding indeed but so are many others. They also look nice and sound good. And they are a fraction of the price.I also feel the same about other CA equipment that has excessive pricing. The CA market is full of it and one needs to tread very carefully to avoid a range of nonsense. Regarding other brands, such as DCS, I feel the same about pricing. But you don’t seed the marketing drivel that was so nauseous on TV. I hate the feeling of being hoodwinked, but you do get the feeling that many companies are sniggering at the
buyers who fall for this and drop their money on products and marketing like these. I think this is very prevalent in CA today.

What is CA?

This guy appears quite positive about the whole thing

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/new-linn-klimax-dsm-with-organik-dac-r996/

Finally, a product release that's 100% worth the pre-announcement hype!
I can't count all the press releases and hype emails I've received over the years. I admit, I ask for them because I want to know what's coming. 99% of the time it's all hat no cattle. The hype is almost never proportional to the product. This time is different.​

I don’t think their appearance on the Apprentice is responsible for the borderline hatred on here.

Lots of other companies use flowery language & make daft claims about their products.

Hatred is a very strong word and I hope I'm not included. Linn stuff doesn't float my boat but I have a lot of respect for Ivor Tiefenbrun and his family history is interesting.

This guy appears quite positive about the whole thing

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/new-linn-klimax-dsm-with-organik-dac-r996/

Finally, a product release that's 100% worth the pre-announcement hype!
I can't count all the press releases and hype emails I've received over the years. I admit, I ask for them because I want to know what's coming. 99% of the time it's all hat no cattle. The hype is almost never proportional to the product. This time is different.​

Really enjoyed that- what was it all about?:)

I don’t think their appearance on the Apprentice is responsible for the borderline hatred on here.

Lots of other companies use flowery language & make daft claims about their products.
They are usually companies that market in the same vein as Linn. Not all do. As long as people see it for what it is I’ve no personal problem with them dropping money on the products. I also think some are overly defensive of the company. They make great gear but they are joined by many other companies whose prices reflect the excellence of the product.

Interesting that nobody I have seen in these threads about the new Linn Klimax have mentioned that within the £30,000 is the dealers portion of the price.

It’s funny how tastes (or lack of taste in my case!) differ - I have four Klimax boxes and love the blue LEDs. Green looks, to me, to be old-fashioned, probably because of the amount of LK boxes I had back in the ‘nineties.

Mick
Don’t get me wrong, they’re still beautiful, but I do like green, especially on black.

advertisement

Back