advertisement

New King Crimson,

I love KC to bits, as much now as fifty years ago. But if Robert Fripp as much as told me what my name is I’d be inclined to take it with a pinch of salt.

Having said that, I have booked a ticket for the showing at Stratford-on-Avon on Wednesday evening (that’s the one night only, not tonight) and would be delighted to meet anyone else who might be going.

Last edited:
I’m thinking the facts that my girlfriend has Netflix and she went to see KC with me twice are heading in a positive direction here.

"I don't have the problem, the problems lie elsewhere."

Bob, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Well, I'm in the cinema, but a little bewildered - glasses of wine and bottles of beer are being delivered by waiters and waitresses to seats all around me. Is this what happens in cinemas nowadays, or is it a King Crimson special?

If they are, they are fashionably late. We're suffering ELO and Mr bloody Blue Sky at the moment. Here comes more wine though. Cheers!

Shame it's horrible. At least ELO are grinding to a halt. Signing off!

I enjoyed that - apart from the wine. The film didn’t tell me much I didn’t know already, except that Bill Rieflin was an ace bloke who stared death in the eye with the lightest of gallows humour. And that RF is capable of showing emotion in an extraordinary moment (or rather minute) that I won’t spoil. Other than that he switches between put-ons and dressing up pseudo-mystical observations in spurious verbiage (as ever.)* Of the current band Jakko gets most time in front of the camera as he is obviously the comfiest there. Of the past members, you can pretty much predict what they will say but it’s still fun to see them say it (or circumlocute.)

*Take, for example, his opening VO pronouncement. Something like (from memory, paraphrased and simplified) ‘the purest form of sound is silence. But silence needs a medium through which to reach its audience - and that medium is music.” OK, Robert - please can we go through that step by step?

Last edited:
I thought I’d bump this. It’s streaming tomorrow for a fee and will be available for 24 hours after that on demand. (I hope that sounded confident, I have absolutely no idea how you go about doing these things.) Here’s a link.

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-...-or-online-music-streaming/30177-WEBCAST.html

I enjoyed it and would quite like to know what others think. But it appears I’m the only one here who has seen it to date…

Watching the live stream this evening. Not expecting anything revelatory - suspect that Fripp will come across as a dick but hopefully the rest of them won't; and the Bill Rieflin bits poignant given what Marchbanks says.

Watching the live stream this evening. Not expecting anything revelatory - suspect that Fripp will come across as a dick but hopefully the rest of them won't; and the Bill Rieflin bits poignant given what Marchbanks says.
You will want to give Bill the hugest of hugs. At least, I did.

advertisement

Back