advertisement

New Kate Bush!!!

B-Diddy said:
I know it's coming out soon... BUT WHEN!!!???

It may never come out she is not in any hurry,thats one of the pitfalls of haveing your own home recording studio

March 2005.

I'll pop down the road and ask her what she is playing at. All us middle aged blokes getting unneccessary.

You've probably all heard this before but there's a wonderful story that she phoned some executives at EMI a couple of years ago to tell them that she had 'something ready for them' and would they come over immediately.

Upon arriving at the Bush residence, she produced a tray of freshly baked scones...

wouldnt get too excited, her last album "the red shoes" was dreadfull, she still has a lot to prove to be the legend some think she is

COOL! Thanks Cliff! she's so H O T ! She could teach these new "MTV Divas" a thing or two!

spengenuk said:
wouldnt get too excited, her last album "the red shoes" was dreadfull

Damn right! IMO "The sensual world" was fairly patchy as well...

If she can pull a cross between "The dreaming" and "Hounds of love" out of the bag, it might be worth the wait :)

count me in , i have my copy reserved already !

As to the new stuff versus the older stuff i prefer the her work from the latter years , i love the Dreaming but i find the kick inside a wee bit heavy going in places..........I tend to listen to isolated tracks on the earlier lps but listen to the newer ones the whole way through !

i suppose you could draw a comparrison with PF in this respect , seems camps are divided between earlier works (sid) and the later Rogers /Gilmour offerings .............or maybe its just an age thing .

love the yarn about the scones , priceless :D

bb

B-Diddy said:
COOL! Thanks Cliff! she's so H O T ! She could teach these new "MTV Divas" a thing or two!

Hmmm

Recently found a video clip of Kate explaining vegetarian cooking to Delia Smith (from about 1980 !)

Wowawowawow unbelievable...

B GIBBONS BEARD said:
i love the Dreaming but i find the kick inside a wee bit heavy going in places..........I tend to listen to isolated tracks on the earlier lps but listen to the newer ones the whole way through !

i suppose you could draw a comparrison with PF in this respect , seems camps are divided between earlier works (sid) and the later Rogers /Gilmour offerings .............

I'm in the early Kate/Syd Floyd camps personally (though I like some latter-day Floyd/Bush too!).

You have to listen to "Lionheart" all the way through even if you can't get on with "The kick inside" - The last 3 tracks on "Lionheart" are ace!

domfjbrown said:
I'm in the early Kate/Syd Floyd camps personally (though I like some latter-day Floyd/Bush too!).

You have to listen to "Lionheart" all the way through even if you can't get on with "The kick inside" - The last 3 tracks on "Lionheart" are ace!

Since hearing about the new album, I have been playing Sensual World a lot. The opening track on the album is really really absorbing, and Woman's work is sensational. Not sure about the track about the geek on the computer. Maybe Kate was ahead of her time.

Ken Bruce was saying that Radio two will be playing her new single a week today (that will make it the 21st September) Can't remember what time he said it would be on. So really this post is quite useless.

Sorry.

I just listened to the new single, "King Of The Mountain", via BBC2 webcast. I like it - can't wait to hear what it really sounds like.

edit: Oh cripes, he's followed it up with Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer.

advertisement

Back