advertisement

New Joe Jackson album coming...

I like Joe Jackson.
I didn't really hear his albums only the singles on radio and TV in the early days.
Then i saw him live with Todd Rundgren and that all changed.:cool:
Hope the new album is as good if not even better than the last.

Thanks for the heads-up Tim. I'm a huge Joe Jackson fan, seen him live a couple of times & he's an excellent musician with a great band. Very underrated IMO.

Just listening to "Body and Soul" now, by strange coincidence. If his new release is even 50-60% as good as that album, I'll be mighty happy.
Matt.

I would love to hear him live, not gotten the chance. Will have to see if any of the US locations will get me there.

Love Body and Soul, and even a hard one to find is the soundtrack to Mike's Murder, has a couple of good ones on that. I have it on LP.

Will be interesting to hear the new one!

I have Night and Day 2(I think that is what it is called) and also Rain, both good, but I do tend to like his older stuff a bit better. Like most, they all have there really good bits, some gems in the mix.

I didn't really care for his first few albums, thought it was just too quirky/funky-maybe I thought he was more so than his actual music, but I guess I came around afterall.

I think with each purchase of new album, it will come with a carton of Chesterfield's.

Love Joe, particularly the old stuff. Saw him live at Radio City in NYC in the late 80s. Fantastic show and the band was really amazing. Need to dig out the old stuff and have a spin today!

Been listening to Joes new album Fast Forward, enjoying it a lot. In some ways, I think it may be my favorite of his at the moment. Good top to bottom. Especially enjoy track one, Fast Forward, lovely violin on this cut, and another favorite, the fourth track, Kings of the City. Anyway, well worth a listen!

advertisement

Back