advertisement

New iPad, Spotify and Sh!t

New iPad and airport express (thanks Gerard) installed today. Spotify streaming to hifi seamlessly. Squeezebox Touch looking a bit worried.

Re the spotify sbt app

Once you have searched for your artist go straight to albums rather than clicking through the artist and then all the albums you see there will play

Airplay is very cool. Last night I did video mirroring to my hdtv (via ATV2) from my phone for the first time - popped up a youtube video on the wide screen by doing the double-click/slide thing as described above. Works amazingly well.

Even better, though off topic, is the added bonus of streaming Spotify direct to a Linn Ds player.... At its best and with the right material, I am stunned by the quality into my klimax renew ds.

Hi there,

I use the Apple TV-3 option only £75 from Amazon I think but I also use iPeng to control my Logitech Media Server which has a Spotify app available and I think Squeezebox.com can also have the Spotify app installed if you're not using a Server.

Just double checked and yes the Spotify App is usable within the iPeng iPhone or iPad app so really no need for the apple TV just install the two Spotify apps one is Orange and one is Green the two different apps will tell you what they are for.

Work brilliantly just one problem they only play at 320kbps mind you that's better than iTunes match at 256kbps.

Enjoy I like the Premium version seems very handy and so far I've found all the music I've been looking for.

Tim.

advertisement

Back