advertisement

New Gang of Four material & forthcoming album

Eugene

Identity crisis...
Gang of Four said:
The Guardian website is hosting a 3 track package of unreleased material we've put together. The article also includes a few words from us about each track, so go have a read if you want the full story

'Content' our first album of new songs in 16 years is going to be released on January 25th next year.

It will be available in a standard CD release and on vinyl. It will also be available in a limited edition Ultimate Content Can which contains six booklets:

1. the first containing the new album on CD
2. the second featuring an art piece we have created to depict the last 40 years of world history (composed of a series of twenty drawings and montages),
3. the third, a book of lyrics
4. the fourth, a book of Rotoscoped photographs of the band's emotions
5. the fifth, a book containing sachets of Jon and Andys' blood
6. lastly, a scratch and sniff booklet which reflects the key areas of human activity.

Probably won't find it in HMV then...

I am quite marvellous thank you very much and trust you are the same.

I downloaded the tracks but haven't had chance to listen - I hope their new stuff gets them a bit of credibility back after the Microsoft ad.

Well, the new version of Glass doesn't add anything, and I don't like the second song much. The third track is much better. But I will persevere and buy the album anyway.

Do you have Return The Gift? I thought it was a terrible idea to re-record all their old songs but it turned out to be a fantastic record, so what do I know.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yeah, I got the live recording of their "Don't Look Back" gig as well around the same time. It could have been a disastrous, desperate move but they're brilliant albums.

What's with the blood thing then?

a) sounds more like the sort of thing Sleep Chamber or Sigllum 'S' would do.

b) If too popular and demand is high then they will need a transfusion, not a good plan is it

DS

Maybe they've been stockpiling a supply over the last 30 years - sort of building up to the ultimate statement. I'm thinking aloud here but maybe they could go one-up on Hirst by displaying themselves in tanks of their own blood.

I quite like the new tracks - suspect I will buy the album but probably pass on the opportunity of their DNA.

advertisement

Back