advertisement

New fascia for chrome bumpers Naim

guy

pfm Member
Hi, I'm looking for new fascia for my 250, 32.5 and Hicap.
This is a 2nd hand equipment and the previous owner have damaged the bottomp corner.
Where can I buy them?

Guido.

If you mean the textured black vinyl, I have some sheets on order and will be available cut to size for the popular models.

Yes, I'm interested about the vinyl. Are different from the original ones?

Guido.

If you mean the textured black vinyl, I have some sheets on order and will be available cut to size for the popular models.

Les's ones won't have the Naim logo in the top left corner, other than that they'll be pretty similar

Naim haven't done replacement originals since about 2001, though prior to that they were readily and cheaply available from dealers.

There are alternatives though

here is a pair of chrome bumper 135's I used to own

CIMG0024.jpg

They suffered the same fate as your gear so I obtained some transparent acryllic sheeting cut to size by a local supplier, painted the backs a suitable shade of green and bobs your uncle!

Its handy that the CB cases are reversible for most pieces of kit - inc 135's but the 250 is a bit of a problem.

If you want black vinyl then there is an alternative - Ryman (stationers) supply A4 report covers the back of which is black polypropylene - should get at least 4 shoebox size fascias out of that. Slightly thicker material than the Naim original but I think that is probably an advantage.

Guy

But are there the writings in the case of the 32.5?
Les, can you post a photo, I think that it would be interesting also for other guys in the forum.

Guido.

QUOTE=LesW;706343]The material is identical with the exception is that it's plain - no silk screened logos.[/QUOTE]

I reused a screw together chrome bumper shoe box case (32) and the front was replaced with a thin piece of alloy sheet cut to size and sprayed matt black. I glued the alloy to the front with contact adhesive. It looks really good. This method was used by naim at that time. The plastic sheets are cheap and nasty.

This morning I've sent a mail to Naim but the response was negative, the don't provide anymore CB fascias.

Sigh!

Guido.

I do have some pre-amp facias screened printed fo 42s and the like. The selector position has more positions than the standard 42's three and it has the Avondale legend also. If that does not offend then you're welcome to have one.

Thank you very much Les.
I'll contact you privately for the 250 and hicap fascias only, I think to keep the 32.5 fascia because the damage is light.

Every time a Naim amp or preamp or Hicap change owner, the new owner wants to see what there is inside the shoes box!
The Naim stuff will be opened and closed like a drawer and...crack!

I've posted also a thread to the Naim forum.
I don't know, if there are a lot of people with the same problem Naim could change idea about the fascias.

Guido.

I don't know, if there are a lot of people with the same problem Naim could change idea about the fascias.

Not likely, I'm afraid. I understand Naim took issue with a few fake Naims that sprouted up because of people getting hold of fascias and the like. I think they've stamped that out now.

Having said that, a couple of years ago I did get a hold of unused fascias on eBay, so they do come up occasionally. You have to pay a pretty penny, though.

Not likely, I'm afraid. I understand Naim took issue with a few fake Naims that sprouted up because of people getting hold of fascias and the like. I think they've stamped that out now.

When I asked Naim about replacement Olive fascias for cb updating that is exactly the response I got with the offer to update to the 'new look' for ~ £300! If you can get a huffy email that was it.

Guy

if you have an old and slightly brittle cb fascia then a way to preserve it is to run a bead of transparent silicone sealant in the gap between the fascia front and where the chassis curves away. That will protect it from little probing fingers and accidental damage when the case is opened.

I've sent an email to Naim Audio to ask if is possible for me to contact the old producer of the fascias.
if there are a lot of people disposed to buy the fascias, the producer can decide
to produce a little number of fascias with a favourable price.

Who would be disposed to buy new fascias for CB gear?

Guido.

I've sent an email to Naim Audio to ask if is possible for me to contact the old producer of the fascias.
if there are a lot of people disposed to buy the fascias, the producer can decide
to produce a little number of fascias with a favourable price.

Who would be disposed to buy new fascias for CB gear?

Guido.

In fact the material is made by 3M and available in sheet form to order. All you need is a silk screen printer who can also cut the stuff to size and you have all the ingredients necessary to recreate the fascia. Les i'm sure has already sourced all the necessary elements.

The issue you'll have with Naim is that they won't let you put their logo on the thing and might get annoyed enough to sue you if you try to create the product commercially without their help.

Its not a question of naim can't do it - its that they won't do it.

This is the answer from Naim:

"Hello

There was an individual that had our permission to produce CB fascias, he could not afford the cost to do it and when he put out an appeal on the Forum (Naim forum), no one came forward, so as far as I am aware none were ever produced and our producer is no longer in business

Regards

Steven Hopkins"

Les, are you this individual? Or who is it?

Guido.

advertisement

Back