advertisement

New edition of book on Leak

I’d love a copy, but I already over-paid for a rather tatty first edition long ago when it was out of print, so I’ll stay where I am! It is a good informative book and well worth having, and the new one looks a lot nicer as an object.

AIUI I think there were 'problems' with the first publisher and then recovering the copyright so a new improved version could be published. Looking forewards to seeing the new version. :)

Does this new edition contain any references to Harold Leak's alleged theft of the Tobey-Dinsdale SS amplifier design?

That is a fascinating letter! I am reminded that in 1968 I was wondering which amplifier to buy and wrote to Hifi News for advice on my short list of Quad 33, 303, Armstrong or Leak Stereo 30. I got a typed reply from BJ Webb, one of the magazine’s stalwarts, suggesting I should get the Quad (which I did) and ending with the interesting statement ‘we do not recommend the Leak Stereo 30’! Intriguing!

I’ve just unwrapped a copy of this beauty. Looking forwards to delving into it.

I've now got the Thorens book, the Rega book, the Quad book and the Leak book. Shame the Tannoy book was a disappointmen. Found it a bit dull. Wonder if Hattor will ever warrant a book? Probably not in my lifetime.

Kevin

I’ve just unwrapped a copy of this beauty. Looking forwards to delving into it.

I've now got the Thorens book, the Rega book, the Quad book and the Leak book. Shame the Tannoy book was a disappointmen. Found it a bit dull. Wonder if Hattor will ever warrant a book? Probably not in my lifetime.

Kevin
snap,not finished quad book...
These things take a while as u dont want to wreck the pages also......
on the look out for the tannoy and kef now.:)

advertisement

Back