advertisement

New Dynavector LOMC

Not often Dynavector release a new model

Wonder how it compares to my XX2Mk2, rrp appears to be £1799

I guess they'll phase out the Mk2 now? I think mine still has a year or so mileage in it all being well but the 2A seems spendy...

I guess they'll phase out the Mk2 now? I think mine still has a year or so mileage in it all being well but the 2A seems spendy...
Dunno, XX2Mk2 is same price as the Karat DX so prob makes sense to replace it with the 2A. An exchange is spendy too I think - £1130.

I really fancy trying a Te Kaitora once I sort out a TT/Arm shuffle.

Apparently no - the XX2MKII will remain in production - as long as demand for it remains - is what we are told.

Dunno, XX2Mk2 is same price as the Karat DX so prob makes sense to replace it with the 2A. An exchange is spendy too I think - £1130.
The Karat really shot up in price, it did used to be between the 20 and the XX2 a while ago but the XX is the better cartridge - to my ears anyway. Probably squeezed up be the prices of the 10 and 20 I suppose.

I think the Karat lost much of its unique character over the years. The 10X5 is a bit spendy and I'd probably stick with better MM, never really fell in love with the 20. XX2 is where the real DV goodness starts IMO, and nowadays ends for me, since I'd not put anything more expensive on my Technics.

The Karat really shot up in price, it did used to be between the 20 and the XX2 a while ago but the XX is the better cartridge - to my ears anyway. Probably squeezed up be the prices of the 10 and 20 I suppose.
Heard the Karat DX recently, span a good number of LPs as we had the demo room for the day, no urge to swap out my XX2 for it, the Te Kat should be a good upgrade though, but you never know until the needle hits. Be on a Gyro/PU7.

I also have a Cadenza Bronze on my 1200G, bought it because it was seriously discounted as a bit of a gamble, surprised how much I like it as I’ve always been a Dyn or AT bod. Figured the Windfield Ti would be a good move up the range and easily oust it, ended up a bit disappointed, not worth the extra £ in my and Mrs AA opinion, very good cart but not a large enough gap between the two carts.

I'm in a fortunate position of running a D17dx on my Elite Rock 2 and a relatively new XX2 mk2 on my Well Tempered Simplex 2, With both cartridges suiting their respective decks. Would be interested to hear the new XX2A at some point as the Dynavector sound really is quite special to my ears !!

I bought a XX2 Mk2 in December so won't be replacing it for a bit and I am very happy with it. However, when the replacement time comes, I will definitely consider the new version.

advertisement

Back