advertisement

New drivers for vintage original mission 770

Vintagebarry

Hello. I have read that the mission 737r has the most up to date woffer of the same 770's. Can I just replace into 770 speakers without any issue regarding the crossover? At the moment crossover is working. The h211 seas tweeter has dried and doesn't work so I am using some small middy system kenwood speakers that sound fine connected to the tweeter cable I have extended out the cab. Thay are 2 way 6ohm but do the job for naw. Once woffers are in I will try to clean out all the old gunk of ferrofluid in the tweeter, I want to keep as original as possible. Appart from mega changes I could change internal wiring will better high silver content, painting the inside with car and body under sael or anything similar, brace the inside the best I can.
HELP REQUIRED PLEASE

If Mission had wanted the cabinets braced and the insides slathered with bituminous paint wouldn’t they have done it In the first place?

If Mission had wanted the cabinets braced and the insides slathered with bituminous paint wouldn’t they have done it In the first place?
Impeccable sarcasm, well done. So your question is what exactly?

So I will make all internal joints air tight with some kind of silicone/bonding try to smoothen of the right angles.

Need to clean the tweeters, the old ferrofluid gunk must have been why they stopped working. I will give it a go, seen some vids that make the job aprochable.

One more thing "Mr clever clogs Bob, your hyper intelligence and zero positive
input can connect directly via the negative output"

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I was being serious.

You said…
”I want to keep as original as possible”

make your bloody mind up.

there is a reason they were made as they were.

what qualifications in speaker design do youhave to think you could improve on the original?

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I was being serious.

You said…
”I want to keep as original as possible”

make your bloody mind up.

there is a reason they were made as they were.

what qualifications in speaker design do youhave to think you could improve on the original?
So if I was to change the interior wireing with a high silver content would that be too far from the original. A Jaguar E type for e.g. if I was to fill the tank with a higher combusting fuel, still original right.

My kreping the originality of the speakers
is to maintain spec, parts on crossover change for new yes but keep original spec. 47ish years old I would think some bracing inside is far from a re designed 770. Common sense.

Qualifications on speaker builds. ...let me think. 40 years with my head in hifi mags, I've seen speaker evolution. Hifi and I have grown and changed side by side so I think im well educated on this matter. Asking arround for advice and suggestions for positive input is what I'm doing, I don't have ego that suggests im a know it all.

Do you know it all Bob? Everything Bob do ya!

advertisement

Back