advertisement

New Densen XS CD Players

Oakwood

pfm Member
Just wondering if anyone has heard the new CD players from Densen and what they thought of them?

Regards

Richard

Yes at AC.

These players also have digital inputs so can be used as dacs.

Finally cd can match vinyl , it's only taken 25 years !

Regards

David

Finally cd can match vinyl , it's only taken 25 years !

Regards

David

Oh dear not that old chestnut again.

CD/Digital can match vinyl and has for some time....the fact that vinyl is often mastered better has definitely not changed though.

The quality of digital replay equipment can do nothing about that.

Hi,

I tested my Beat 410 against my mates 400xs and the where equal in performance although slightly different in presentation.
And mine you can scroll back through the track numbers.
So the 440 must sound sublime

Pete

Bugger, do I need to replace my 400XS?

Densen's head honcho Thomas Sillensen has posted that there is also a "cheap but good" DAC module on the way for the Densen amps (installed instead of the surround boards). That is, if you have one.

Now that's an excellent idea and one I mentioned to Thomas over a years ago or so. Good to know as it makes his amps highly competitive and appealing.

Firstly, the 440XS is £3250.

Secondly, yes it is time to upgrade from the 400XS. I did.

I compared it against the Rega Isis (valve and SS) and preferred the Densen. All are superb, but the Rega players tended to be a bit like 'Tubby the tuba' in that they sat on the music. The Densen is more engaging, more transparent and more dynamic.
It is even better with the additional £550 power supply.

The rest of my system is DynavectorLX200mkII/Densen330/Shaninian Obelisks.

I hope that this is helpful.

Cheers to all.

Hi Comfortable,

I've heard only the best about the B-440, so I wish you years of enjoyment. And I hope you can answer my question: what kind of inputs does it provide?

Thanks in advance.

Hi eyebee,
The 440XS appears to have digital inputs. The 440 and 440+models do not; as far as I know. Thanks for the good wishes. If you are in my area (Stockport) you are welcome to call round and hear it for yourself.

Cheers

Firstly, the 440XS is £3250.

Secondly, yes it is time to upgrade from the 400XS. I did.

I compared it against the Rega Isis (valve and SS) and preferred the Densen. All are superb, but the Rega players tended to be a bit like 'Tubby the tuba' in that they sat on the music. The Densen is more engaging, more transparent and more dynamic.
It is even better with the additional £550 power supply.

The rest of my system is DynavectorLX200mkII/Densen330/Shaninian Obelisks.

I hope that this is helpful.

Cheers to all.
How does the 440XS compare with the 400XS?

advertisement

Back