advertisement

New Denon Turntable

e96cafb1dc20e0d4.jpg
That TT and the PMA 110 amplifier look amazing!

Do Japanese companies no longer manufacture Hifi in Japan?

Not turntables it seems. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was made by YaHorng or Hanpin, although it is well disguised. It certainly has a definite hint of the old DP-308 about it, although minus the VU meters, sadly!

You not think it looks a little too nice. Like a nice french fancy fondant cake.

Didn't think of that, but now that you say it...

Still laughing at your description. You're quite right actually - but I still think it's a looker!

[Maybe I'm just hungry? :D ]

I wonder if there's anything going on inside the plinth (like the Technics) or if it's "just" a slab for the motor unit to rest in.

Do Japanese companies no longer manufacture Hifi in Japan?

I suspect like many other countries that used to make high quality/craftsmanship level components (all industries not solely Hi-Fi) - they can no longer afford to do it.

Long gone are the days when Made In Japan was some kind of slur against implied quality, most people would kill for something made in Japan now.

You can still find really high quality hand made stuff from all the great global manufacturing companies throughout history, the difference being now they're niche products at very high cost.

I've tried to become very selective over the past 10 years or so about what I buy (anything, not just Hi-Fi) trying to prioritise owning one really good thing to last me a lifetime rather than 10 cheap crap ones that you throw away every 18 months if you're lucky, but it can't always be done as some things are just too cost prohibitive.

Due out October - £2299. DP-3000NE

I like the look and will be exited how it perform against the Technics range.

Looks like it comes without cartridge ?

Maybe Denon could have done a brand-new to fit and sell with this deck like Technics did when 1200GAE release with a Nagaoka cartridge.
I sort of dislike such classy decks comes with entrylevel throwaway cartridges such as 2M Red or the like.

advertisement

Back