advertisement

New Cyrus One

Looks absolutely spiffing to me, and the specs are very interesting. As a long-term Cyrus user (stared with a One many years ago, now on a 6xp), this is highly tempting. But it would all depend on the quality of that phono stage.

Sadly it lacks the style impact of the original. Moreover, it looks like a crossbreed between an Onyx and a Soldier.

http://www.gubbagubba.com/8ballaudio/soldier.html

My own Cyrus One must be nearing its 30th birthday. Still in decent shape, except for the sticky nextel paint.

Hadn't seen that before, looks rather cool. Like the built in Rpi, wonder how accessible it will be for changing the software or swapping it out the Rpi later?

Looks pretty good to me and hopefully it will have a bit more body to the sound than the usual cyrus offering , one box for everything a good idea

Looks absolutely spiffing to me, and the specs are very interesting. As a long-term Cyrus user (stared with a One many years ago, now on a 6xp), this is highly tempting. But it would all depend on the quality of that phono stage.

Sorry old chap, having trouble understanding your banter. Spiffing?

Certainly looks good (if a lot Onix-like). Yes, I agree Naim should have done something similar and revived its Nait 1 and/or 2.

It has bluetooth, meaning it has an internal DAC, yet there's no mention of digital input? Don't really get that.

It has bluetooth, meaning it has an internal DAC, yet there's no mention of digital input? Don't really get that.

I was mulling over that too, unless the BT is just an add in module they sourced from somewhere.

A shame it doesn't seem to have it's own DAC, having bought a monitor audio a100 recently, albeit on sale for £129, having onboard wifi and optical input has proven very useful.

Definitely a contender. I'd already half decided on a NAIT 5si, but now I'm not so shure. This Class D design looks very promissing indeed.

Regards, Klyde

Definitely a contender. I'd already half decided on a NAIT 5si, but now I'm not so shure. This Class D design looks very promissing indeed.

Regards, Klyde

I think you'll end up sticking with your original choice. The Nait and the Rega Elex-R are far more enjoyable. They may not have the connectivity of the Cyrus but both are musically more interesting.

I think you'll end up sticking with your original choice. The Nait and the Rega Elex-R are far more enjoyable. They may not have the connectivity of the Cyrus but both are musically more interesting.
I didn't realise the new Cyrus was out yet, have you actually heard it or are you making assumptions?

advertisement

Back