advertisement

new costello LP

johnhunt

pfm Member
The new lp momofuku will intially only be released on vinyl. As the man says on his website

ABSO-MOMOFUKU-LY

By now, some of you may have heard rumour of an album called "Momofuku" and wonder what this record is...

Well, the real version is pressed on two pieces of black plastic with a hole in the middle. You may prefer other, more portable, less scratchable, editions that will soon become available for your convenience but this is how it sounds the best: with a needle in a groove, the way the Supreme Being intended it to be…

Yep, I've seen this on MusicDirect.
Vinyl (with a free mp3 download included), to be followed by a cd release a bit later.
The vinyl will do nicely for me!
Matt.

...and so it arrived today. A nicely packaged double album with free download code for the 256kbps mp3 version. Played it once and I must admit bits of it sounded a bit errr un-Elvis-like particularly the somewhat soppy My Three Sons. There are some typically rocking Attractions/Imposters like tunes and hence I'm hoping it will grow on me....
Cheers

Rich

I got mine today.
Nice bit of vinyl (or 2).
I get the Blood & Chocolate reference, it has that chunky guitar pop sound to it. There doesn't (at 1st listening) seem to have any really immediate songs that grab me as eg Hope you're happy now did, but I'm normally a bit slow on the uptake, so I'll see what I think after a few more listens.
Matt.

advertisement

Back