advertisement

New 3 Months Free Tidal Streaming Offer

I am looking to move away from Spotify so may give 3 months of Tidal Hi-Fi a go again. I moved from Tidal to Spotify Premium as Jay-Z kept pushing new hip-hop artists all the time, which was just getting really annoying, plus the content was limited to the type of singer song writer music I like listen to.

Has it improved in the last few years?

I've got a month and a half left of Spotify Premium for £9.99 for 3 months (instead of one), so this will overlap nicely. Thanks for the heads up!

I am looking to move away from Spotify so may give 3 months of Tidal Hi-Fi a go again. I moved from Tidal to Spotify Premium as Jay-Z kept pushing new hip-hop artists all the time, which was just getting really annoying, plus the content was limited to the type of singer song writer music I like listen to.

Has it improved in the last few years?

I don't seem to get pushed anything, but I specifically search for artist albums or songs and just listen to them. I've never been near a Spotify playlist or followed a recommendation - there's plenty of music I've never bought I know I want to listen to as it is, or I've lost in various moves (and one burglary).

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve only tried Spotify and Amazon so far. The latter is better on SQ, but it’s only obvious occasionally. Spotify in all other respects is better and is where my tenner goes each month. I’d like to try this but they do need to work with the likes of Moode so you don’t work your way through digital brick walls to get access. I don’t mind struggling with some stuff( like Sudoku) but if I’m paying for a service, even if it’s a free trial, I don’t expect to be vexed.

Could Qobuz and Tidal be desperate to attract new customers before Spotify goes cd quality (if it ever does:D). I tried a previous Tidal offer and was impressed. I may try a Qobuz offer next I think.

Do I still need an MQA Dac to get premium sq?
No, there are Normal, High, Hifi and Master options, you only need an MQA capable DAC for the latter.

Hifi works fine from my android phone and windows laptop via Chromecast Audio/optical and USB respectively into may DAC.

advertisement

Back