advertisement

[FS] Neurochrome Modulus 686 Tom Christiansen of Neurochrome build

PeteC

pfm Member
Neurochrome Modulus 686.

I have owned this for about 18 glorious months. This was, prior to that, belonging to Oliver Lockley (Bigman80) of Bigbottle Audio and Avalon.

Originally bought directly, assembled by Tom Christiansen, of Neurochrome.....the man himself!

It was in standard form for around 10 months (SMPS, XLR inputs etc) and then Angus (Phonomac) and Oliver rebuilt the power supply, binding posts and signal inputs (RCA).

It has a custom wound Toroidy Audio grade Transformer, Mundorf filtering caps and OCC wiring on the signal input. Pure copper minimal mass binding posts, that are absolutely horrible to look at, but they sound superb. As long as you have banana plugs on your speaker wire, you'll be fine.

It has Angus's unique power supply, which is far better than the usually supplied circuit for these tasks.

Fitted since photos taken a pair of gold plated, solid copper WBT next gen RCA sockets

A fantastic build of a wonderful amplifier

It is very heavy and due to the limited internal space, the caps are glued to the bottom panel. No room for any other method, so postage is an absolute no no.

Based in Wiltshire, close to M4

Price £1750
QXUoQVw.jpg

iiX0TqA.jpg

VZUOeTR.jpg
ecpyOeP.jpg

The amplifier that started a love affair for me. I loved this amp.

The PSU is all P2P, so it's definitely a one off.

The PSU I now use for building amplifiers are designed to replicate this one, just on a PCB for ease and time saving. It has an extremely low noise floor. No noise at max volume on my system, which is testiment to a wonderful design by TC.

Great amp, great price, and Pete is a great guy to deal with.

GLWS

advertisement

Back