advertisement

[FS] Neurochrome 686 Amplifier - OCD Build spec!

Bigman80

Bigbottle Owner
For sale is the heart of my system, my Neurochrome 686. My 2nd version of this amplifier, and the best build to date. 2x 300Va Audio grade O-Core transformers from James Transformer with 4x independent secondaries per transformer. They are wired in anti phase for a reduced radiated field and provide each PCB with a completely separated 300VA, which is more than the "usual" 500va stereo builds out there. Don't worry about power...it has lots.

Additionally it has the Avalon PSU, which is a custom designed (by us) PCB for this application, 8x 10,000uf Kemet Slit Foil caps (80,000uf capacitance!), WBT RCA sockets, PC-Triple C wiring and CMC Binging posts, and soft start module, which has been connected up to require a "double press" on the power button to switch on the amp. This was done just in case either of my children decided to mess with the amplifier when they were a bit younger.

It's in mint condition, and sounds wonderful, as you know i would say.

Silver casework with CNC'd Neurochrome logo on the front panel, with TC's agreement!

I am looking for £1850 for this. Collection preferred, but if you need help getting to you, i am sure we can sort something out.

There are some pictures here:

*NOTE

I don't fit speaker protection to these amplifiers. I have never seen the point as the LM chips shut down if anything untoward happens.

7a88453dd.jpg

advertisement

Back