advertisement

Network Switch To Router - Cable ?

Im currently using a Audioquest Carbon with the custom Telegartner connectors but would like to try higher up the range in the future to see if it improves yet again. I had great success with the Curious USB Cable so would love to try their Ethernet Cable.

I’ve upgraded from Carbon to Network Acoustics ENO (still use carbon earlier in the chain though), and also used to run Curious Evolved so maybe similar taste here)

As for the G108e i think they just fluked it im making a quiet good sounding switch without actually meaning too

yes, it’s good, in fact different versions of 108 are different inside, for example transformers are different and there could be or not capacitors in the power supply

Welcome to the community!
:slightly_smiling_face:

As I have research about your concern, there is no option to turn off EEE (Energy Efficiency Settings) on the GS108E switch. As reference, kindly read page 61 of the Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches user manual here where it says: "Power saving options are available only on these Unmanaged Plus Switch models GS105Ev2, GS105PE, GS116Ev2, JGS516PE, JGS524Ev2, and JGS524PE."

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

It’s probably an outdated info as it is definitely possible to adjust its power consumption mode (I’ve done at least)

I think you might be meaning the GS808E gaming switch
Think so too

thanks everyone for your input, what got me interested in a switch was this

my plan is to get one of these Cisco's (£25 on ebay), a dual output LPS to feed it and my BT router and the only other cable i will need and the one i was unsure of is the cable between switch and router, i will get another Atlas Hyper for this, tbh seems overkill as the cable cost is several times that of the switch but as Gavreid said if you cheap out it leads to other problems and i don't want that, the whole cost is not a lot in the scheme of things and if it doesn't work out the LPS and cable can be sold on or put to use elsewhere so i will be left with a £25 switch, worth a punt imho

the only other cable i will need and the one i was unsure of is the cable between switch and router, i will get another Atlas Hyper for this, tbh seems overkill as the cable cost is several times that of the switch but as Gavreid said if you cheap out it leads to other problems and i don't want that, the whole cost is not a lot in the scheme of things and if it doesn't work out the LPS and cable can be sold on or put to use elsewhere so i will be left with a £25 switch, worth a punt imho
Get one of these, they are well priced and have been well received elsewhere. Put it between switch and streamer.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back