advertisement

Need some wire for B139s - Linn Isobariks

@cctaylor @timH
I've had excellent replies from both Namrick and Margnor regarding the driver bolts/screws. They both identified these as size M5. Margnor had the exact bolts, the longer ones with the hex (8mm spanner) heads but Namick only stock cap heads (4mm key). So I placed an order with Margnor and rather than paying almost £40 (admitidly for 96 bolts) I was charged under £10 for 48 bolts:

'If so then we have them both in stock…
M5 x 10 Gr 12.9 Socket Cap Head Screw DIN912 Self Colour @ £0.08 each + VAT
M5 x 25 Gr 12.9 Socket Hex Head Screw DIN912 Self Colour @ £0.10 each + Vat
+ Carriage @ £3.50 + VAT'

PFM comes to the rescue again and also saves you money! I've learnt that one should be patient and ask the oracles here on PFM first. My thanks to cctalor and timH for great recommendations. I'll post a picture of the bolts once I receieve them.

@cctaylor @timH
I've had excellent replies from both Namrick and Margnor regarding the driver bolts/screws. They both identified these as size M5. Margnor had the exact bolts, the longer ones with the hex (8mm spanner) heads but Namick only stock cap heads (4mm key). So I placed an order with Margnor and rather than paying almost £40 (admitidly for 96 bolts) I was charged under £10 for 48 bolts:

'If so then we have them both in stock…
M5 x 10 Gr 12.9 Socket Cap Head Screw DIN912 Self Colour @ £0.08 each + VAT
M5 x 25 Gr 12.9 Socket Hex Head Screw DIN912 Self Colour @ £0.10 each + Vat

+ Carriage @ £3.50 + VAT'

PFM comes to the rescue again and also saves you money! I've learnt that one should be patient and ask the oracles here on PFM first. My thanks to cctalor and timH for great recommendations. I'll post a picture of the bolts once I receieve them.
I have never been let down by Margnor - they have always had exactly what I need. Glad they fixed you up man 😎

Just out of interest I want to let you guys have a read of a funny email echange I've had with Accu.

Josh of Accu writes:

I was going through our customers and saw that you scored us a 0. I am sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with us.

What we would like to do, if you're open to it, is schedule a call with you to understand more about your comments and experience and what we can do to make it better.

If you could please send over some available times / dates including time zone and we will be glad to give you a quick call.

Regards,
Josh

Customer Satisfaction Team Leader

Hi Josh,

It’s nice to know you care to see how a customer experiences your company from the ‘otherside’, especially when things go wrong.
You can call me on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 11am and 6pm anytime you wish.

Best regards

Josh replies:

Thanks for getting back to me in such detail,

I have taken a look through all your previous emails and chats with us and can see a feew points I will pick up with the team to improve our service omving forward do thanks for bringing these to my attention.

In terms of your actual screws looking at the photos they do look to be M4 (4mm). Screws are measured from the most outer (peaks) of the thread. although it is 4mm the screws will be slightly less usually around 3.9mm as otherwise they wouldnt fit in a 4mm nut.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. If you like to send some photos of the screws you need replacing being measure I can have a look and double check and put a new order on for the correct ones?

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Josh

My reply to this:

Hi Josh,
I sent the same photos to Namrick and Margnor both companies identified the size of my bolts as M5 and I have put a photo of your 'M4' bolts below (again) they are no way near 4mm as you suggest and it's clear to me they are 3mm in diameter. Sizing bolts is a nightmare and thoroughly unintuitive and I think the industry is rather confused. M4 is only nominally 4mm , i.e. in name only. On your website you say with confidence that M4 = 4mm diameter when this is disputable see here.

Anyway, Just out of interest I would suggest you and your help colleagues get a few of these bolts and play around measuring them with some measuring callipers you might be surprised.

I wish Accu every success as its a British manufacturing company and am just trying to help from a position of complete ignorance on this issue and only from my own personal observations.

May I please ask you to follow up on my return as it has been delivered to you by DPD.
Many thanks,

advertisement

Back