advertisement

Neat Momentum and Naim 5i

Minio

Kind of Sort of Not really...
Neat Momentum and Naim Nait 5i (italic). My initial sceptical impression of this pairing has been revised. After dealing with some room, cabling and running in issues, as well as getting the Audio Technica MC tracking right, I have come to the conclusion that these speakers are great with the Naim amp and I'm sure would be even greater going up the Naim upgrade ladder. But no pressing need to do that.

Just thought I'd set the record straight as I have previously expressed some doubt.:D

Echo the kudos for Naim Neat Momentum pairing. They will grow with your system at least up to the 82/250 that drive mine.

there's one hell of a difference running 82/250 or 5i

Momentum really need juice, as good as I like my own 5i its not a 250 based

there's one hell of a difference running 82/250 or 5i

Momentum really need juice, as good as I like my own 5i its not a 250 based

I would say the Momentum really do like juice but taking the Nait 5i for what its worth I can't think of a better speaker for it. This leaves plenty of upgrade potential but Iv'e gotta start somewhere.
Or I can just be happy with what I've got; the experience being a very musical one - given decent source components/material.

I have used Neat Petite III & Ultimatum MFS in Naim systems & both gave excellent results. For a while I used the Ultimatums with a Nait 5i & the results were better than they had any right to be!

advertisement

Back