advertisement

[FS] Neat Momentum 4i + Neat Feet + Grilles

gavreid

Pretty Words...
Neat Momentum 4i in natural oak finish. 2.5 way speakers with a pair of downward firing isobaric bass units. 88 dB/W sensitivity and a nominal 8 ohm load. 1050x220x230mm.

Owned from new by me since 2015 as the range was updated to the SX5i model. They made some tweaks to the tweeter and also the crossover became single wired from the biwireable 4i. The other important option was the addition of the Neat Feet, which was an extra and at some additional expense. The Feet make a big difference to stability, focus and bass delivery. They also came with grilles, unlike the 4i. Other than that the 4is are physically the same and can be upgraded at the factory to SX5i spec should you wish. The Feet are still current to some of the range and cost £575 new!

The range was meant as a more affordable version of the Ultimatum, with most of the performance but without the top end fit and finish, sitting above the Motive series. They work very well with Naim. You'll see them demo'ed with new Exposure. I ran Sugden Masterclass. I'm not sure that an a21 would do the job though.

Condition is fabulous. They're almost unmarked - and I mean that without it becoming a hostage to fortune. There are very light marks if you look at the correct angle on the top surface of one speaker. The kind that if you spot you really shouldn't be looking. I'm not seeing or feeling anything else but you might have better eyesight than me! One speaker had new bass and mid drivers fitted at the factory following a catastrophic amp failure in 2021 and has a completely clean bill of health.

I think the speakers alone without the feet are worth a strong £800 any day of the week on ebay. However it would be a great shame to remove since I have them.

I'm thinking then - for collection (I'm in W Yorks close to the A1 or M1) and if you're prepared to help me to pack them into their boxes as I have a disability and these are heavy monsters I'll let them go with the Feet and grilles for £1000 all in, fixed for a quick sale as they are now in the way. Established pfm members. I could post at great personal difficulty (four boxes) for £1100 if you twist my arm enough.

More pics to follow subject to request because it's a pain for me to do so I'd rather you saw them etc.

@gavreid sounds like you’re not too far from me, would be very glad to help move/pack/load if you want, give me a shout if I can help.
Very kind of you, much appreciated! I can make the kids help if I have to but it's still a demanding task. I'm going to try going into the loft to get the cartons first!

I recovered the packaging from the loft yesterday. It's two big boxes and another substantial box for the feet.

To give a feel for price a nice pair went recently for £600 without feet or grilles. I think mine are probably in better condtion too. There was a very cheap pair that sold twice for some reason. Other than that there's nothing to go on. There's a pair of SX5i with feet up for £2899! The Orkestras, the current model, go for £6.5k. There's a lot of speaker for your money here...

Hi Gav
just double checking are the oak finish. I was considering getting Neat Xplorers myself but curios as to how close to the rear you had the 4is and how close you have the xplorers

Hi Gav
just double checking are the oak finish. I was considering getting Neat Xplorers myself but curios as to how close to the rear you had the 4is and how close you have the xplorers
They are oak. The colour is a little rich in the pictures.

I ran them as close as about 35 cm from the wall to the rear of the cab so a good half metre to the front. My room is quite open though.

The setup 'guide' suggests the Xplorers be placed 20 cm from the wall as a starting point. That's about where I want to have them I'm at about 23 cm I think.

They're better speakers that the Xplorers if you have the extra space.

Much appreciated, but I am sadly many miles away, will try to hook up if up your way in the not too distant future.

Look to have the same feet as my old XL6 Ultimatum’s. I’ve not heard these but if they approach the XL6 in any way shape or form they are a wonderful speaker. Complete and utter bargain for someone, GLWTS.

The mid and the isobaric bass drivers are the same, I believe. Fit and finish is not to Ultimatum standards, that and the tweeter is where they saved the money. Having said that the the cabinet work is another area where they improve on the Xplorer.

advertisement

Back