advertisement

Near-field listening gadget

Yank

Bulbous Also Tapered
https://tigerfox360.com/

Front_Compare.png

Looks kind of like a re-purposed yoga mat.

BA58011B-6973-4C59-9FB0-B3681CCB8009.jpeg.6225f70679c4505a8d1394f946b6dcef.jpeg

Some reviews from the Axpona show have been positive.

Interestingly it makes no attempt to address the ceiling reflection... perhaps the maker was worried that would be the deal-breaker from a WAF standpoint! :D

The website is hard to interpret as it is just so guff-heavy. I’ve just tried reading the word-salad that is the ‘technology’ page and it’s hard to work out exactly what it is. My initial impression was it was an acoustic treatment/reflection-removal device, i.e. some room correction panels you kind of sit in, kind of like a microphone booth, but I’m not sure it is that at all. It may even be an FX type thing based on using nearfield reflections to give the impression of surround sound. I don’t know, I’ll have another go at reading it later.

PS As a nearfield listener who has some studio background the idea of baffles etc isn’t alienating to me so if it was a credible attempt at killing reflection and controlling bass response without having to resort to digital chicanery I’d actually be quite interested! On first reading I think it’s an effect though.

The website is hard to interpret as it is just so guff-heavy. I’ve just tried reading the word-salad that is the ‘technology’ page and it’s hard to work out exactly what it is. My initial impression was it was an acoustic treatment/reflection-removal device, i.e. some room correction panels you kind of sit in, kind of like a microphone booth, but I’m not sure it is that at all. It may even be an FX type thing based on using nearfield reflections to give the impression of surround sound. I don’t know, I’ll have another go at reading it later.

PS As a nearfield listener who has some studio background the idea of baffles etc isn’t alienating to me so if it was a credible attempt at killing reflection and controlling bass response without having to resort to digital chicanery I’d actually be quite interested! On first reading I think it’s an effect though.
Stereophile 'review' here: https://www.stereophile.com/content/unrolling-tigerfox-immerse-360

That reinforces the FX aspect and at that point I lose all interest! If it was an attempt at controlling acoustics/removing room artefacts in a sensible way I could have been interested.

I think most people have one of these at home already and it’s multi functional as well. Insert obligatory brown note joke here

it’s hard to work out exactly what it is. My initial impression was it was an acoustic treatment/reflection-removal device, i.e. some room correction panels you kind of sit in, kind of like a microphone booth, but I’m not sure it is that at all. It may even be an FX type thing

It’s a large curved sheet of plastic.

advertisement

Back