advertisement

NE Scotland Bake Off / Music Day - 13th or 20th July

Colin L

High-tech low-life
Speaking to my old mate Angus (Amber Audio) and finding myself with the family away for a while in July we thought it might be fun to have a Hifi hang out day / night.

It will be either the Saturday 13th or 20th July depending on interest (I’m flexible).

Location is close to Banchory, Aberdeenshire.

SteveG and Decameron have expressed interest. If anyone else from Scotland (and further afield if you are willing to travel) would like to come, let me know on the thread or by PM.

There will be a few spare beds, blow-ups (beds, not dolls) and sofas for those that travel a distance if you wish to overnight. There will also be food, booze (good whisky to the fore) and much music and chat.

Angus will provide the T/T (watch this space). Ideally folk will bring along whatever music / files / equipment and gadgets that take their fancy to slot into the systems, plus liquid refreshment!

A couple of resident systems

Main system is dCS /Halcro pre / MBL amps and MBL 101e mkII speakers plus REL subs
Second system is Bluesound / Naim 32.5 – Hicap / 110 and NHT 2.5i speakers.

Have at it!

It's the Tomintoul Highland games on the 20th of July, so the 13th would suit me better.

I can bring some interesting whisky and also have a couple of interesting spare bits of hi-fi I can bring, including one of the infamous Onix DNA amps as I was one of the lucky few that eventually received mine. I could also bring an ancient set of Rega Kytes if it'd be fun to see them plugged into some expensive amplification!

I can take over a Technics 1200G with a couple decent carts.

If there’s interest
Melco N1 with SACD/Vinyl Rips.​
Luxman Class A integrated.​
Incatech Claymore.​
Cyrus Phono Sig.​

Saturday 13th July it is then.
Decameron (Hugh) has confirmed and I wonder if any of the Fife-based PF'ers can make it?
Richard Lines will be away but may have an Avondale amp to donate to the list.

I'd love to come but the 20th is out for me, maybe the earlier date. I have family in Aberdeen so in theory could find a second reason to head up.

I will be in Aberdeen on 13th but it might be difficult for me to get away, since I'm meant to be covering my father's care as my sister's away. Let me see what I can do.

Colin, I sure wish that I could just jet across the pond and drop in, being an omni-lover, I would love to hear your system, plus what others would bring along! I will watch this space though to read about this fine get together! Enjoy and have fun!

Bump for visibility..... room for one or two more.

For those confirmed, I will send PM's a couple of weeks before with full address, list of extra equipment being brought, overnighting options and a check on dietary requirements. We will have two rooms set up so we can split up and gear can be swapped in and out as needed.

I'm planning nibbles and a nice hot chilli and rice combo during the day. In the village we have a good Chinese carry out or Indian sit-in for evening if that suits.

Thinking of starting lunchtime onwards on 13th July (till late). Detached house some it might get rowdy :)

advertisement

Back