advertisement

nDac Software Upgrade

Laurie,
If you haven't done the last firmware upgrade for Flac that came out a few years ago? it won't work.
You need to load that first or your DAC might die.
This happened to a friend who was BETA testing the new one.

I'm loving the new upgrade SQ.
Its nice to be able to play DSD albums through it.

Not according to Steven Hopkins at Naim.

Three brand new different models of SanDisk stick have failed to work but a borrowed Integral has worked perfectly.

Laurie,
If you haven't done the last firmware upgrade for Flac that came out a few years ago? it won't work.
You need to load that first or your DAC might die.
I'm sure Naim would issue a warning with the download if that were true and there is none on their site apart from the streaming/server products firmware updates.
https://www.naimaudio.com/updates

Just like to add my vote to the none too subtle improvement in sq that the latest firmware has wrought to my ndac. Free, easy and effective. What's not to like?

Try a forced update procedure:

by pressing the dock and 4 button simultaneously on power up. When doing this all buttons should blink 4-5 times just after power up. When the buttons have stopped blinking and are ON the unit is ready for updating i.e. this is when you insert the USB stick with the update files.

Quite probably flat on my fat arse! The file download and installation are 'at your own risk '.

I have now managed a reboot and have a working V.4.10.6. Hooray! Will try for the summit after the Dac has been off power for a while.(yes, I think that's what allowed the V.4.10.6 to work,along with full format Of USB)

Thanks Gavreid, but we may yet make it.

Janerik it seems that, for some reason, forced update is my dac's favoured peccadillo so that's what it gets…the dirty little minx.

It looks like the one and only trusty USB stick I have is now no longer recognised by the Dac so,at the moment, no update. Damn those 1st world problems.

I'm sure Naim would issue a warning with the download if that were true and there is none on their site apart from the streaming/server products firmware updates.
https://www.naimaudio.com/updates
As i said above you had to of have the last firmware upgrade before you tried to load the new one or your N-DAC might die.
It was found out during the Beta testing.
Thats why they had people doing Beta testing.
It was easly sorted by Mark Richardson at Naim by email, but scary at the time.
Thats why i posted to let Laurie know just in case.

I emailed Naim and asked specifically if the upgrades had to be installed in sequence or if I could just install the new upgrade as one action.Steven Hopkins emailed to say that installing the new upgrade straight off would be O.K. Evidently not.

I emailed Naim and asked specifically if the upgrades had to be installed in sequence or if I could just install the new upgrade as one action.Steven Hopkins emailed to say that installing the new upgrade straight off would be O.K. Evidently not.

Apparently they sort that out.
That's why they had people doing Beta testing?

Naim seem to set the periodicty of their FW updates just big enough so that everytime I go to do it, I can't quite remember how to. Genius.

Ray

advertisement

Back