advertisement

ND5XS set up Naim app help sought

eddie1

pfm Member
I’m having trouble setting up the Naim app to work with my ND5XS
Instructions say press Play on the unit then Home on the remote
But when I press Play nothing happens and which is the Home button on the remote the one in the middle that says Ok -List ?
Any help much appreciated
Thanks in advance
Ed

Last edited:
Hi Ed,

Is the ND5 connected to your router (WiFi or ethernet cable) ? If so, I presume you used the remote control to do this by scrolling through the display on the ND5 with the remote. If you have the Naim app installed on your phone and connected to the same router, the app should pick up the fact there's an ND5XS also connected.

I’m having trouble setting up the Naim app to work with my ND5XS
Instructions say press Play on the unit then Home on the remote
But when I press Play nothing happens and which is the Home button on the remote the one in the middle that says Ok -List ?
Any help much appreciated
Thanks in advance
Ed

Thanks for responding
The problem is that I cannot reset the Naim app on my iPad to control the ND5XS because the buttons on the unit don’t seem to respond as they should.
The Naim app is asking me to press Play on the unit and then the Home button on the remote but pressing the Play button does nothing
So I’m stuck - can’t get the Naim app to work with the ND5XS
Although it was working fine until I had to factory reset whilst setting up external drive.

Can you put pics/screen caps up?

I had the ND5XS but it will be a different App these days. From memory you need to get the ND5 onto the same network your iPad is on then it should get found as a Room in the App and it's basically touch Next Next.

ND5 cabled or using your WiFi? Section 4.5 has setup info

49-FD9324-47-CD-4-E77-A6-A9-2-E3-D883-EA5-BE.png

Thanks for responding
The problem is that I cannot reset the Naim app on my iPad to control the ND5XS because the buttons on the unit don’t seem to respond as they should.
The Naim app is asking me to press Play on the unit and then the Home button on the remote but pressing the Play button does nothing
So I’m stuck - can’t get the Naim app to work with the ND5XS
Although it was working fine until I had to factory reset whilst setting up external drive.
Delete the App and redownload it from App Store

You're not using the old nstream app, by any chance?

I don't remember a home button on the nd5xs remote, but there is on the new zigbee ones. Not confusing the two perhaps?

In any event, make sure ioad is on the same network. Delete existing app and download Naim app

Power down the nd5xs. Power down your router. Wait 15 mins. Power up the router. Wait 10 mins. Power up nd5xs. Wait 5 mins. Open Naim app. It should find your nd5xs.

good luck!

advertisement

Back