advertisement

NAP 250 with rounded corners

Ah, something we can all look forward to. All that levelling of glass, cable dressing and weighing of cartridges summarily consigned to ebay by non-plussed offspring.

Looks like a 250 in a olive nap90 style case.

You mean an Olive Nap250 - cos that's what it is - badly cropped out of another pic. The description isn't very accurate and doesn't sound like the sort of thing an actual owner would write. I also see that the seller has zero feedback and the whole thing smells fishy to me,

It's his Dad's who is probably no longer with us. He says he doesn't know much about "HI Fi seperates". A world away in more ways than one. He's probably taking the photos and love letters to re-cycling as we speak.

"They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more."

Could just contact the seller? And it does say you can collect. I have got plenty of ebay bargains due to poor listing or zero feedback. Speaking with the seller will normally confirm or deny any suspitious activity? Caveat emptor and all that.

Hi,

I think he has found the photo on line and used it, dosn't sound like is knows much about HiFi.

Ask him if the photo is the amp he is selling, or keep quiet and get a bargain!

Pete

I asked questions on his previous sale of his late fathers 82, did not get any response. I have asked some questions on the 250 and no response either. Maybe he is just so new to ebay he does not realise how important answering questions is?! Or maybe ....

He has positive feedback for the '82 sale.
Give the guy a break :)

............I may bid on the HiCap.......

When I saw the 82 for sale, and read that he knew nothing about hifi separates, I sent him a message to hold on to them and visit the naim forum or this one, where he'll come across plenty of people prepared to guide him through the set up process, and that the set was worth keeping. No reply.

She is genuine,I received the 82 on Sat. It was her fathers cherished hifi. No problem bidding on the other stuff if interested.

She is genuine,I received the 82 on Sat. It was her fathers cherished hifi. No problem bidding on the other stuff if interested.

Good on you. My posts were more about mortality than the seller.. a lovely lass no doubt.

What was going on around the volume on the 82. Looked like a white dial? Hard to make out in pic. You got a good price.

And she has replied to my question on ebay too. All seems good.

That was a small paper circle with volume markings,came off easier enough tho. Apparently she has a very small house with terrible acoustics,and knowing from her father how important acoustics are couldnt justify keeping the Naim gear.
The 82 needs a long awaited service tho and a pots 8 upgrade.

That was a small paper circle with volume markings,came off easier enough tho. Apparently she has a very small house with terrible acoustics,and knowing from her father how important acoustics are couldnt justify keeping the Naim gear.
The 82 needs a long awaited service tho and a pots 8 upgrade.

sounds like needs a little TLC, hope you have the budget for both a service and a pots8, will be a lovely unit once complete. I near bid on her, but was concerned about the white ring...Enjoy

advertisement

Back