advertisement

NAIT2 eBay madness

I'm doing OK out of my collection of SME 3009s and Garrards. Bought for tenners 10 years ago, 3009s are up 4-fold, Garrard 401s more like 5-6x. That's better than the FTSE.

Or a round 400 once the dealer has had a *slurp* . . .:p

Ebay is predominantly a dealer site now. If you monitor the bid history of hifi items (I sometimes do) then it's the dealers that bid most often pushing the price up until it the profit margin becomes to small, they then stop.

Ebay is predominantly a dealer site now. If you monitor the bid history of hifi items (I sometimes do) then it's the dealers that bid most often pushing the price up until it the profit margin becomes to small, they then stop.

Really? I'd have thought anyone with any experience of eBay knows to bid just once in the last few seconds.

Anyhow, there's Nait madness and then there's Chartwell LS3/5As. For some in decent nick, there's these for £3,010. Or for some that look fairly well shagged, yours for £3,650. That's still a lot of Yen.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anyone notice the Q&A's on the Class A item?

Q: hello, please confirm unit has a phono card? i ony use vinyl playback! thanks ash
A: Hi, the Nait has a built in mm phono stage, it does not use plug in cards. It sounds excellent with a turntable.

AVI has apparently had a 'Road to Damascus' moment and is now listening exclusively to Vinyl :D

I've been holding on to my old Nait 1 for years as it never has seemed worth selling. It's sum of it's parts always seemed more value to me than what I could get. It's tempting now to part with it but since it's been modified by me, personally & has a noisy volume pot (quitens down after 10mins or so) I doubt it will be a good or wise seller.

I have to agree here. We all love Naim because of the character and presentation. It sparks all sorts of opinions but there are those who can't resist proding and tweaking and trumpet the likes of avondale and teddy cap which simply would not exist if there were no Naim. If you don't like how it sounds out of Sailsbury buy something else!

The deaf comment, plain silly to be polite.

advertisement

Back