advertisement

Nait 2 interconnects

Conan

Loop digger
I just bought a Nait 2. I am looking for interconnects with RCA's in the other end.
What do you guys recommend me?

yes, Flashback Premiere is great value for money or choose whatever you can afford from the Chord range, some use AR sound btw

The cheaper Cords are ok, but not brilliant. The Chrysalis is actually really good, but pricey, and it's bulky enough that you have to use an RCA-DIN adaptor. Possible that the same might apply to the better Mark Grant cables like the HD2000.

Also worth bearing in mind DNM. I had many happy years with an RCA-DIN one of those.

I use a Kimber attenuated cable with mine (14dB), helps give a bit of control to the volume when using a CD player.

Thanks guys. Will try the Flashback Premiere.
Can't wait to hear the Nait 2 with my Rega RS3's

I use a Kimber attenuated cable with mine (14dB), helps give a bit of control to the volume when using a CD player.

+1 for attenuation on Nait-2 (& Nait-1)
The Nait DIN input(s) sensitivity is 75mV & not ideal for the 2v & more of CDP’s & streamers, it results in next to no movement on the volume control before it’s too loud. Additionally the Nait has problems with stereo channels out of balance in the first few notches of the volume control. One fix is to replace the volume pot with a higher resistance range. The other is installing an attenuated IC with an internal L-Pad.

The only people that make these with DIN-DIN are FBS & RA, with RCA ends it might be possible to use Rothwells
I have just installed my own DIY job (dun differently to the norm) I set the level at -15dB (14 or 16 is more or less the same) & that level is about right. The low volume listening position has moved from a few notches off null (7 o’clock) to now between 9 & 10 o’clock & is now well clear of the stereo channel balance problem area. The SQ has lost its hard edge is now significantly smoother - highly recommended

Flashback Premiere is absolutely superb for the money.

Great service too.

Indeed

I ordered some months back, it was in overseas postal just 3-4 days after

I like the choice of colours too

Very neutral and TBH not really missing my Anthem which is a hell lot more expensive.

Is there something specific to the Nait 2 that makes it sensitive to cable characteristics?

Is there something specific to the Nait 2 that makes it sensitive to cable characteristics?

Early Naits are all bestowed with magic, which works best with supa-dupa cables.

Now, I've acquired a Tom Evans Vibe pre, and I like what I perceive as great clarity/transparency over my CA2. I then added the Chord Chameleon RCA to XLR to the speakers (in place of an Amazon £15 special), and I honestly think it has improved things.

As you know I'm a major sceptic on all this, and didn't expect either the Vibe nor the cables to make any difference, but they do seem to, and not in a completely minor way. I guess I'll have to AB, but as you also know, I'm also unsure of the efficacy of such testing too now.

Confusing :)

Early Naits are all bestowed with magic, which works best with supa-dupa cables.

Jokes aside, it is not impossible that the early Naits are really sensitive about stuff like cable capacitance.

I guess I'll have to AB, but as you also know, I'm also unsure of the efficacy of such testing too now.

Because it produced results you didn't expect? :)

Because it produced results you didn't expect? :)

Well, no. The DAC results were as I expected having AB'ed the Sonos vs. Vega myself prior to the bake-off.

Amp tests have proved more interesting, with a friend (amateur musician/home studio etc.) able to AB them easily and enumerate the differences. I know which I prefer, but struggle under AB. Therefore, my AB abilities are worse than his, with his (better trained?) ears.

However, prior to any ABing of amps I had a preference (unlike with the DACs), which was borne out by the testing results for my "golden eared" friend.

All of which sheds doubt in my mind...

Well, no. The DAC results were as I expected having AB'ed the Sonos vs. Vega myself prior to the bake-off.

Amp tests have proved more interesting, with a friend (amateur musician/home studio etc.) able to AB them easily and enumerate the differences. I know which I prefer, but struggle under AB. Therefore, my AB abilities are worse than his, with his (better trained?) ears.

However, prior to any ABing of amps I had a preference (unlike with the DACs), which was borne out by the testing results for my "golden eared" friend.

All of which sheds doubt in my mind...

Right. small-scale ABX tests can only prove there is an audible difference. They can not, unless you use a really big number of test subjects, prove that there isn't a difference.

advertisement

Back