advertisement

Naim Unitiqute dead?

psionman

I have a Naim Unitiqte which has suffered the dreaded, ubiquitous, and inevitable dead screen. I changed my WiFi router last year and lost all streaming. Until recently I have been using it to handle the output from a smart TV.

I decided to see if I could get it fixed, but my local Naim dealer was informed by Nam that this is not possible. However, in the shop they showed me that the device could still be accessed (and in principle) controlled by the Naim app.

However, when I got the device home, the app will not recognise it.

I have connected the amp using an ethernet cable. (I have connected my laptop to the the ethernet cable and confirmed that it connects to the network, and noted the IP address). When I open the Focal-Naim app and enter the IP address, it responds "No product found"

To make matters worse, I cannot use it as an amp for my TV anymore, as it no sound is output (of course without the screen it's difficult too know what's going on)

Is this a hopeless case?

You dont enter an IP address like that. That IP was assigned to the laptop not the uniti.

Just hook it up with ethernet and do a search, ensure your phone is on the same subnet. If its on a guest wifi or something it wont be seen.

Also ethernet needs to be plugged in before power on.

@psionman are you using the app on an iPhone? I had this problem some time ago and it was all to do with my phone settings.

In settings go to the ‘Focal & Naim’ app and make sure ‘Local Network’ is on. That sorted it for me. Otherwise the phone photo works as said above.

I had the screen on my UQ2 replaced in Germany a couple of months back. Was very reasonable: €165. So, still possible in some places?

Secondly, I also had weirdness with my wifi. Turns out I had to disable a setting on my router. I think it was WME extensions.

You dont enter an IP address like that. That IP was assigned to the laptop not the uniti.

Just hook it up with ethernet and do a search, ensure your phone is on the same subnet. If its on a guest wifi or something it wont be seen.

Also ethernet needs to be plugged in before power on.
Thanks I found the ip address from the router app and am now able to connect thro the app - just the start of my problems tho😕

you will want to reset it it might have some old network stuff in there such as defunct dns addresses

I think you hold in stop as you turn it on, wait a minute then let go and hit play

advertisement

Back