advertisement

Naim speakers and Snaxo active with non Naim electronics

Olli I

pfm Member
Anyone tried? Snaxo+ps and Naim speakers (or active Linn) but without Naim electronics? What cables (and where to get) do I need if use preamp and two power amp with rca connectors?

I have Teddy Pre/Snaxo TScap/4 xMB100/ SL2. I use the WBT cables supplied by Teddy.

This sounds better to me than the previous 52/Snaxo Scap/4 X 135/SL2 I had for fifteen years.

Yes - am using 2011 snaxo and hicap between linn kairn and linn lk280s driving actively isobariks.

Superb - better in fact than the original naim nac252 and 250s that i first used with the snaxo.

Had to make my own leads, particularly the pretty unique leads to the xlr inputted lk280s

Yes - am using 2011 snaxo and hicap between linn kairn and linn lk280s driving actively isobariks.

Superb - better in fact than the original naim nac252 and 250s that i first used with the snaxo.

Had to make my own leads, particularly the pretty unique leads to the xlr inputted lk280s

Sounds pretty nice. I am thinking of using my active Kans with some other than Naim amplification. There is nothing wrong with Naim but it would be fun to experiment.

I have Teddy Pre/Snaxo TScap/4 xMB100/ SL2. I use the WBT cables supplied by Teddy.

This sounds better to me than the previous 52/Snaxo Scap/4 X 135/SL2 I had for fifteen years.

Does Teddy sell those leads separately? I suppose those are exactly same that I would need. Only that I would have two power ams. Isn't Teddys also equipped with rcas?

Does Teddy sell those leads separately? I suppose those are exactly same that I would need. Only that I would have two power ams. Isn't Teddys also equipped with rcas?

Teddy can probably make any interconnect you require. I was thinking about going active and he was very helpful in suggesting leads for the proposed system. Suggest you send an email and wait for his reply.

I run an 82 (powered by a TPX2) into a Snaxo 242 (powered by another TPX2) into two Avondale A260Zs which feed active SL2s.

The leads for all that lot were supplied by Avondale because Les's gear doesn't use the Naim idea of running the signal into and out of the power supply. So Naim leads won't work.

However, despite this I do use a Hydra because it's a much neater solution for supplying power. Also I use NAC A5 for speaker cable because I think it sounds better than Avondale's own Black Link in certain respects.

I must admit that the Snaxo has been altered by Avondale so that it now outputs bass and treble instead of left and right. I'm not sure if that has also enabled it to work with the TPX2.

That's interesting. Were you able to compare your Snaxo-HiCap with the "equivalent Linn" Aktiv(Bingo)-Dirak XO? And, yes, there is a very good reason for my picking that particular combination of Kairn-XO-LK280x3-Briks........:D:D:D

Yes - i had the linn activ crossover and dirak psu, but found it lack lustre. Admittedly it did not have the bingo cards fitted.

advertisement

Back