advertisement

Naim Solstice officially unveiled . . .

Bad jokes aside, I do think it's good Naim go back to the roots of hifi, whatever cost may be. Seeing Clearaudios portfolio I'd bet my worn underpants that a £1500 to £2000 TT is on the cards in the future to please their not so wealthy demographics.

I hope they will come up with a nice Active speaker system with Focal, more of interest to me.

Good luck to naim, and all who sail in her. It’s fantastic that the company has survived, and remained distinctive, especially in these devastating times. Nobody has to buy this turntable. There are plenty more important things to get outraged about. 500 well off people spend their own money on something that other people think isn’t worth it. Oh dear.

A bit surprised at the surprised reaction to the high mass platter, surely the PFM massive is aware that high mass platters are a feature of nearly all high end Turntables, even Rega who follow the rigid ,low mass TT design increase platter mass on their Turntables as you go up the range.
I sometimes get the impression that some members are only aware of Rega or Linn as TT manufacturers.
Overall I'm a bit surprised at the negativity on PFM towards this product launch.

I am surprised they came in at that price category but it does make sense. They know their well off clients and probably sold them before the official announcement (Even Tony knew about it).

Profits will likely sponsor future Clearaudio/Naim collaborations.

Overall I'm a bit surprised at the negativity on PFM
You clearly haven't been reading it for long.

I don't think this t/t project will make a huge profit given the enormous amount of R&D and the cost to Naim of using Clearaudio as a co-manufacturer. It also introduces a much-needed new style to their electronics.

I don't understand the significance of this Naim turntable. It is not as though they have a long proven track record of making them and that every one was waiting for the pinnacle of achievement.
So either it's a first attempt, or as I understand it, technically they haven't made it at all; spec'd it to some extend perhaps, but then the expertise has largely come from somewhere else.

Would there be the same excitement if Hotpoint had brought out their first turntable in the same way?

Good luck to naim, and all who sail in her. It’s fantastic that the company has survived, and remained distinctive, especially in these devastating times. Nobody has to buy this turntable. There are plenty more important things to get outraged about. 500 well off people spend their own money on something that other people think isn’t worth it. Oh dear.

Yes, largely agree with this, although I interpreted the "outrage" more as bemusement.

advertisement

Back