advertisement

[WTD] Naim Snaic 4

Hi Paul, HifiDan posted that on my behalf. As long as the colour doesn't affect the sound, I'm interested in buying it.

check you need a 4-pin.. Hi-Cap to pre is 5 pin? 5-pin port on hicap takes 2 power rails. would think the SN would use two rails?

maybe its a 5 to 4 pin... suggest checking the manual just to be sure.

check you need a 4-pin.. Hi-Cap to pre is 5 pin? 5-pin port on hicap takes 2 power rails. would think the SN would use two rails?

maybe its a 5 to 4 pin... suggest checking the manual just to be sure.
Hicap to SN is Snaic 5. SN to Hicap is Snaic 4. One of each is needed.

The black Snaic does sound better, and that’s what I’d recommend.

I think I have a flashback one floating around somewhere which is reckoned to be as good as an original Naim black snaic. I also have a copy one supplied with a sonic bliss PSU but have no opinion on how that sounds since I've never used it.

DM me if interested in either

Correct. This is why Flashback created the ‘Y’ snaic to connect HC power to SN, with a second spur to connect the SN’s pre and power sockets without routing the signal back thru the HC

What? When using HiCap with SuperNait, signal goes to HC and back to SN?
Yes, it’s necessary to keep the earthing correct. With a preamp and power amp the signal goes via the Hicap, hence it’s the same with the Supernait, where the Hicap sits between the pre and power sections. It’s been like this for over 40 years.

Think of it as an integrated amp. When you take out the link plug you basically split the pre and power sections and put the hicap in between. So the same cabling is used as if it really were a separate pre and power amp.

advertisement

Back