advertisement

NAIM Shoebox case from AudioFlat

I don't have a linisher so I stick a length of 80 or 100 grit sandpaper, rough side up obviously,to a flat surface. I find the four inch stuff is ideal. I put the work piece on this and rub it backwards and forwards until I get the desired finish. I polish up after with 400 and 600 wet and dry. I use this method on acrylic and aluminium after it's been through the bandsaw. I would think it would only take a few minutes to put a CB finish on one of these enclosures using this method.

Small batch of painted cases on their way to me for approval. Three to be used on my system first.....pics soon.

NAIM have no issue with me selling shoebox cases.

Any news?
Will certainly be investing!

Found myself wondering how hard it would be to join 2 together for monoblock, trafo and cap in one, front end regulation + NCC200 in other. Was thinking before coating / painting, either just bolting together (probably give poor join) or spacing with a couple of 40-50mm tube, turning some threads onto ends and locking into place with some big nuts. More likely just drill and tap some spacer blocks between. Will make a few challenges for sliding the tray in and out but not insummountable. could then coat after and end up with a reaonable looking pair of boxes...

Any thoughts,

Mark

Any news?
Will certainly be investing!

Found myself wondering how hard it would be to join 2 together for monoblock, trafo and cap in one, front end regulation + NCC200 in other. Was thinking before coating / painting, either just bolting together (probably give poor join) or spacing with a couple of 40-50mm tube, turning some threads onto ends and locking into place with some big nuts. More likely just drill and tap some spacer blocks between. Will make a few challenges for sliding the tray in and out but not insummountable. could then coat after and end up with a reaonable looking pair of boxes...

Any thoughts,

Mark

Mark.

Why not just use two individual shoebox cases?

Andrew.

Less than 2 weeks to painted cases, I hope..............

We have decided to include the earth bond hole and counterbore. It introduced a slight delay.

Flat, how much will you be selling these for. I missed the original expressions of interest, so I'll be reduced to scratching for them on the Bay

Very interested in one of these, I presume it would be suitable for a starfish...

:)

Sam

I've seen the pre-painted examples - they are absolutely identical (100% dimensionally the same) as the Naim shoebox case - very high quality.

Within a month hopefully. Just the case though, inner trays not done yet.

At this rate the RubiKon will be on sale before the full NAIM case..........

Andrew.

Update:-

The paint finish is proving somewhat difficult to match but its now in the hands of the UKs biggest paint supplier (apparently).

Andrew.

advertisement

Back