advertisement

Naim SBL crossovers

Etienne De Beer

Hi Guys
I own a pair of Naim SBL's that could do with a crossover upgrade. A few years ago I downloaded a post about an improved design but I seem to have lost it. Does anyone have any info regarding a design for an upgraded x-over for the SBL's?
Would really appreciate some help...Thanks!

The forum search will show you threads here but the nicest recent thread that I am aware of is poorcow's over on AudioFlat.

Thanks very much! I did do a forum search and came across a few threads that mentioned SBL crossovers but could not find all the info I need. The thread you copied the link to is awesome, thanks very much, much appreciated.

I would really appreciate as much info as possible, so if there is anything else out there please let me know.

What have you learned so far and what other info do you need?
What do you plan to do with all the info that you've gathered?
Are you planning on upgrading using the stock crossover assembly? Redesign?
I learnt that I do not know enough to "go it alone"...;) I came across various versions of SBL crossovers. Some are reportedly massive improvements on the stock crossovers and some seem to be better in some aspects but not so much in others. Ideally I would like to replace my standard 30 year old crossovers with something that would be as good as it can be, within financial reason of course. I have replaced the drivers a few years ago and they haven't seen much use since then. Your build on the Audioflat forum seems really nice...do you have any suggestions? Any changes you would make to your final design? Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

advertisement

Back