advertisement

Naim Qute vs Uniti2 vs SuperUniti

SuperUniti is boring! I would rather get a ND5XS/Nait5i-2 or ND5XS/NaitXS depending on your speaker.

In fact, I'd rathe do the UnitiQute if your speakers are a light load.

I had the SuperUniti for many months but sold it. Much prefer the UnitiQute into Harbeth P3ESR speakers.

The Uniti - 2. No idea: If it's really based upon the Nait 5i-2, I'd probably prefer it over the stuff mentioned above. But it does have a CD player which is something you're paying for unnecessarily if you don't need it.

I am down sizing and looking for a all in one set up and CD is not important.

I will be connecting Triangle Altea Esw Floorstanders:
Nominal Power Handling - 100w
Max Power Handling - 200w
Nominal Impedance - 8
Minimum Impedance - 4
Sensitivity - 91 db

Am not sure if the NaimQute will drive them with ease

SuperUniti is boring! I would rather get a ND5XS/Nait5i-2 or ND5XS/NaitXS depending on your speaker.

In fact, I'd rathe do the UnitiQute if your speakers are a light load.

I had the SuperUniti for many months but sold it. Much prefer the UnitiQute into Harbeth P3ESR speakers.

The Uniti - 2. No idea: If it's really based upon the Nait 5i-2, I'd probably prefer it over the stuff mentioned above. But it does have a CD player which is something you're paying for unnecessarily if you don't need it.

Agreed, if the speaker load is not too difficult a UnitiQute is much more fun and involving to listen to.

With 91dB sensitive speakers and impedance not dropping below 4 Ohms, I think any of the options will drive the speakers without issue.

I have a UnitiQute driving 89db loudspeakers.

While it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to experiment by adding a more powerful external amp because it just might be a little bit better, it drives them well enough.

I am just a bit concern if the UnitiQute might find a living space hard to fill sonically as it has less driving power.

I think you will find it better than you imagine. I once ran a pair of Kensai (82dB) speakers on a UnitiQute and it was really rather nice for a small room. The sound wasn't squashed or distorted. With your much more sensitive speakers you will not have any issues.

I have both the Unitiqute and the Superuniti.

The UnitiQute is a remarkable beast. I'm running it with 4 ohm System Audio loudspeakers without problems.

However, I suspect that any suggestion that it is preferable to and better than the Superuniti would be very much a minority view, It certainly isn't mine.

Having said that, it is barely over one third of the price of the Superuniti and is very capable.

I'd echo Jobseeker. The UQ is a brilliant package, but the SU is in my view much better. Might be down to driving SBLs, might even be due to tending to play the SU that bit louder. Either way, listening is both more involving and more pleasurable. And more distracting it must be said if it's for a home office system.

But if the SU is a stretch or the difference would be spent on some liquid libation, which I've also found can enhance listening involvement and pleasure, the UQ comes highly recommended.

I’ve had all 3, personally I would choose SU then UQ2+NAP100 (could add later) then UQ2. I would rule out the UQ1 due to age and features.

The UQ2 however is the best value by some distance, Naim got it spot on with the UQ boxes, it’s also a nice small unit to locate.

Usual, your room, speakers, music, ears etc. Buying the UQ2 used would be pretty safe as you’d likely move it on for little to no loss.

Gus

I had both, sold the SU due to the Qute sounding better, bass less bloated and more agile, high frequencies not thrown relentlessly at you and less tiring to listen to.

advertisement

Back