advertisement

[IC] Naim pre amp(s)

Rob Stockman

pfm Member
I seem to have collected a few too many Naim pre-amps over the past year, and now have to move house. Therefore one of the following must go - don't care which, as they both have superb attributes.

1. NAC 42.5. Slightly scruffy case work, lovely front panel (nice and white lettering, uniform tractor wheels), sounds absolutely bloody great.... superb smooth treble, top dymamics, fluid as anything midrange, Bass full - but in comparison with "the best" the deeeep bass is not tight, but a bit loose (my speakers are flat down to 22 Hz!). any usual 50Hz + speakers would not discern this slight "looseness". £300 with no phono cards or £350 with NA323/5 MC cards.

2. NAC 102: bought (without remote or PS) from Sean Jacobs of this parish in may last year for £320. Very nice cosmetic condition. Have added a new Narcom 5 remote control, a NAPSC equivalent, and you have the option of very low hours 522/4 MM boards if you wish (approx 100 hours only!!).
102+ Narcom 5: £350
102 + Narcom 5 + BRZHIFI NAPSC equivalent (has on'offf switch and is much better built than Naim NAPSC with brished aluminium case and 2 18v outputs and a on=off switch) £400
102 + Narcom 5 + NAPSC eqiv + 522/4 mm cards £450

Can pick up from PE16 or DE72. Or can post for £15.

Not taken any pics of yet, but can send some via email for those interested.

I'm reality not fussed which sells... both have such strong good points I cant decide. Both give a bloodly lively, superbly timed and full presentation. Have been replaced in my main system by a 72 with RSL boards, which combine the best of both of these units plus adds a slight bit of clarity to boot... the RSL boards on their own were £350. So these units are great value IMO. Only need to keep one for the second system.

advertisement

Back