advertisement

Naim NNP02 - Naimnet amp - how to setup?

I’m confident I can get the NNP02 functioning against a dnla/upnp source, just need to get my head around how to configure it correctly and go read up properly the IP multicast standard. It’s just a matter of time, I broke a rib while in Canada so it will be a while before I can revisit the subject.

For anyone who wants it I can provide a URL for the Netstreams application (& password), and I’ll update this thread at some point in the future.

Agree though, pretty bad of Naim to dump support of such an expensive solution and the user base of Naimnet is not quite as broad as that of Logitech, so unlikely to be any wide open-source effort to keep it all functional.
Hi! Did you find out how to setup nnp02 properly with dlna/upnp? Could you share URL for net streams app?

Which config file name did you used to set IP from your network?

Thanks!

Hi! Did you find out how to setup nnp02 properly with dlna/upnp? Could you share URL for net streams app?

Which config file name did you used to set IP from your network?

Thanks!
Sorry for delay - I have not been bothered, there are many better streamer/player options out there today...now I know I can do it, kind of lost interest...one day maybe :)

Send me a PM with an email and I'll share a link to download the Zip file of the NetStream App Suite.

Regarding the bit in bold - by default it should be DHCP enabled, but if it is from a previous installation then possibly a manual IP has been set - mine had. Needed to sniff network while device was booting using wire shark to capture IP address it had been given, configure laptop with NetStream installed on same subnet, detect NaimNet device, import config from it, re-enable DHCP (do this as the only change!) and then write the config back to the NaimNet device...having first enabled TFTP if you're on W7 onwards :) If you have any connection issues, note you need to disconnect the NaimNet device from the power to properly clear its ARP cache... Really archaic solution!

Good luck!

Sorry for delay - I have not been bothered, there are many better streamer/player options out there today...now I know I can do it, kind of lost interest...one day maybe :)

Send me a PM with an email and I'll share a link to download the Zip file of the NetStream App Suite.

Regarding the bit in bold - by default it should be DHCP enabled, but if it is from a previous installation then possibly a manual IP has been set - mine had. Needed to sniff network while device was booting using wire shark to capture IP address it had been given, configure laptop with NetStream installed on same subnet, detect NaimNet device, import config from it, re-enable DHCP (do this as the only change!) and then write the config back to the NaimNet device...having first enabled TFTP if you're on W7 onwards :) If you have any connection issues, note you need to disconnect the NaimNet device from the power to properly clear its ARP cache... Really archaic solution!

Good luck!
Hi, would it be possible to get that link also please, will pm you with my mail address.
Thanks.

@Dowser did you ever get this going? I’ve been offered a cheap one. Did you ever look at what was on the RS232 port? I work at lot with Dante, and a history of hacking networks - I’m quite tempted

Afraid not, once the challenge of getting into the thing was over, I realized it was a pretty clunky interface with major browser limitations. It’s just sat on a shelf gathering dust 😊

I’ll sell mine cheaply if anyone is interested.

Richard

advertisement

Back