advertisement

[FS] Naim NDS - 2014 Mint 1 Owner + 2 Burndy pack

freddiekaberman

pfm Member
Thought I would place this on its own thread to avoid any confusion with my other Naim gear which is now all sold:-

Naim NDS, 2014 - 1st owner, Mint. It has never been outside of my listening room since new. Supplied boxed with remote, all original accessories and with two burndies to connect a 555PS. It also has the link plug for anyone powering with an XPS. New display screen, so this is as good as new for the next owner. I have used it fully Roon enabled for years, using a Raspberry Pi with Ropiee XL sitting on the network - very simple, cheap and flawless in operation.

Price reduced to £1850 for a 1 owner mint NDS with 2x burndies.

Naim NDS

NDS auction closes tomorrow 8pm for anyone wanting a punt. No reserve, someone will be getting a tremendous front end for beer money. Ok maybe not beer!! ;)

I can’t believe they didn’t go through with it at such a bargain price. The nds is a fantastic front end, Ive had one for over 10 years and love it. Good luck with the sale.

As for naim streaming stuff prices going cheap Superunitis seem to be fetching sub £1000 (I've seen them fetch as little as £900) which is silly money considering you get an 80x80watt amp which is essentially a receiver (lots of Iradio stations playing great music at 320kbps) plus cd quality Tidal.

These are a bargin really especially if you just want a nice dac, yes I know it still needs a power supply to work but the nds does have a great sounding dac.
Bang a xps power supply on it, feed it with stored files and away you go, or maybe add a better streamer into it so you bypass the old naim one and then enjoy the newer streaming services plus get a better sound quality.
Not sure what happened on the ebay sale but you can easily still see what it went for on there using the filters section if you want.

As for naim streaming stuff prices going cheap Superunitis seem to be fetching sub £1000 (I've seen them fetch as little as £900) which is silly money considering you get an 80x80watt amp which is essentially a receiver (lots of Iradio stations playing great music at 320kbps) plus cd quality Tidal.

Superunity is such unsuccessful device. Owned it twice and every time was not happy. They are inferior even to Uniti 1 and sure to Uniti 2. And miles behind NDS. Two of my pals accepted this statement.

Superunity is such unsuccessful device. Owned it twice and every time was not happy. They are inferior even to Uniti 1 and sure to Uniti 2. And miles behind NDS. Two of my pals accepted this statement.
Dunno....each to their own I guess. I have a SU in the bedroom with a pair of AE1s and it sounds terrific to me. Then again I'm a music lover not an audiophile so listening out to hear the bass player fart isn't my #1 criteria.

These are a bargin really especially if you just want a nice dac, yes I know it still needs a power supply to work but the nds does have a great sounding dac.
Bang a xps power supply on it, feed it with stored files and away you go, or maybe add a better streamer into it so you bypass the old naim one and then enjoy the newer streaming services plus get a better sound quality.
Not sure what happened on the ebay sale but you can easily still see what it went for on there using the filters section if you want.
All you need to modernise an NDS as streamer is a cheap little Sonore microRendu or similar UPNP bridge sitting on your network somewhere and Roon. The NDS is one of the very best streamer DACs I've heard, it's still right up there, even today.

All you need to modernise an NDS as streamer is a cheap little Sonore microRendu or similar UPNP bridge sitting on your network somewhere and Roon. The NDS is one of the very best streamer DACs I've heard, it's still right up there, even today.
Definitely an amazing dac for the price. One would be hard pressed to find anything better for the price

advertisement

Back