advertisement

Naim NAP500 for £3,401

The pictures are from 2nd hand Hi-Fi so it’s a scam I’m afraid. It’s been on and off eBay all week using the same pictures but different profiles.

Such a shame, let’s hope whoever did/does hand over £3.4K manages to somehow get there money back when it does not arrive. Fingers crossed they can get there money back through the eBay 30-day buyer protection scheme. Not sure if eBay will peruse you if they can’t then get the money back from the seller which in this case, the money would be long gone.

You have to be so careful and check everything. Starting with the pictures, the amp looks like it’s in a Hi-Fi shop, and the item is located in Wickford, presumably that’s Wickford in Essex. I live right near Wickford and I know there’s no Hi-Fi shops Wickford. Even if I didn’t live near the location, I’d be asking questions about what Hi-Fi shop that is etc and making calls and checking online etc. I see there was is no option to collect, that’s a huge red flag too. Then there is the price, if it’s too good to be true, it usually is.

Anyways, I hope this ends well for the buyer, that’s the main thing.

A better scam would be if it was your mate selling to you, and he got the funds out of the bank and skipped and you got a refund, easy money.

It's obviously a hijacked account with a decent reputation, so most likely the owner of that account is going to be the victim here if there is one. The scammer has probably found a way to get the money out leaving the genuine account holder to stump up the refund.

I'm certainly glad I never allowed Ebay or Paypal direct access to my bank account when they tried to force that on everybody.

The listing has disappeared so presumably Ebay has now taken action.

Well that kitchen is very familiar to many of us - it belongs to a well known dealer and former member here!

Very clearly not genuine.

Given what's going on one might suspect the scammer is watching this thread so I don't think we should give him any more clues as to what he could do better.

Well that kitchen is very familiar to many of us - it belongs to a well known dealer and former member here!

Very clearly not genuine.

Given what's going on one might suspect the scammer is watching this thread so I don't think we should give him any more clues as to what he could do better.
Yep, recognise the kitchen.

The scammer has been clever here though, if you look at the feedback on the eBay account, there’s negative feedback for a NAP500 which gives the impression a recent, previous sale has fallen through.

advertisement

Back