advertisement

Naim NAIT 3/NAC 92/NAP 90 schematic/circuit diagram

Hi,
I am about to recap my 1997 NAIT 3 but was wondering whether anyone had a schematic/circuit diagram for a NAIT 3. Also any advice as to what currently available caps to go for would be greatly received. I am aware that Naim currently uses Vishay BC or Nichicon KZ Muse electrolytics to replace ROE and SLCE caps that are no longer available and Kendeils to replace the BHC Aerovox caps. I believe they also use AVX tantalums in a recap. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Nick

Naim use the same circuit in everything so if you find a Naim line stage or buffer stage circuit diagram it will be virtually identical to your nait3

Pete

Good day
Dear Nico
49952781032_f57ea6336e_o.png

Also this resource very help to you
https://www.hifiaf.com/nait2-recap-guide/

Nait2-3 have a same power amps schematic
But preamp is different :)

If your Nait3 doesn't have the bias transistor (Q12 in the Nait2 diagram above) on the bottom of the PCB then it's likely quite scorched already and will need doing with the service.

Many thanks for the replies! Sorry for being confused but are you saying that the preamp low power transistors (ZTX384s) should be replaced during the service? Also I believe that ZTX384s have been discontinued and that these should now be replaced with Philips BC550 (T092) or BC560?

Good day
Philips BC550 and 560 have a different sound signature :)) not good for old naim
Try search ztx384/214 on ebay

another way
if you find damage ztx384/214 you can replace this to 2n5089/5087 (Fairchild) but 5089/87 little different in sound signature too but better that Philips :))
in new Naim preamps (2004~2015 year) you find 2n5089/5087

Last edited:
Hello! I am new in this forum and the reason I'm here is because I am looking to figure out what parts should I acquire to my nait 3. I will try to be clear and precise. Some things are not completely clear for me, but I will make very simple questions.
Can you please help me? There must be some place in this forum to make my presentation. I will present myself very soon. For now : I am in France, I have 61 years old, I had all Naim gear 24 years ago, when I used to work with Naim. I had a litle hifi shop and also worked as a Naim dealer in my house. But, at that time, I was not a dyier...

So, there are a lot of small electrolytics in those boards. Dark blue and light blue. Should I replace them all by KZ Muses or other brand ?
For the phono boards, the gold axial electrolytics, there are three in each board. Do I install Muse KZ here or others ?
There are two blue films in each board, 22nf and 68nf, two and two. Should I replace them? Kimber Kap or others ?
Important : what are, or where are the signal capacitors ? Can I use some film caps? I read somewhere that sulfide films, kemet, ( Mouser 80-SMR5105J50J0616 ), would sound great. Any suggestions ?
What about those grey axial caps ? There are 10, including those two in the phono boards.

I hope it is not to many questions.
I thank you in advance.
Francisco

Hello all,

All this 47uF 35V are the same, all was tantal Roederstein...the pink one was just more recent than the black-red
Naim have used these a lot

in one of my 250/olive i used the two.

Regards
7nc3.jpg

advertisement

Back