advertisement

[FS] Naim NAC 282 preamplifier

jusphish

Enthralled by Naim
As part of a wider system shift, am selling my Naim NAC 282 preamplifier which I've used in my system for 2 years, to great effect.

This unit has a 327xxx serial number dating with full service by Naim in 2022, including the factory update to improve system automation with 2nd gen Naim streamers (ND5 XS2, NDX 2, etc). Front fascia is excellent; Naim logo and all lights are is strong.

The sale includes the NAC 282, NAPSC incl. mains cable, remote control incl. new batteries, two link plugs, original Naim box with foam inserts and the manual. For extra convenience, have also included a system automation cable. Requires power supply from an applicable Naim power amp, or a FlatCap / HiCap / SuperCap.

Asking £1,999 which includes insured courier to UK (only) although local collection in London always much preferred. A donation to PFM will also be made completion of the sale.

Last edited:
l2Vi7t1l.jpg

0t4e6jvl.jpg

1n9Mhael.jpg

0JqIFMZl.jpg

8VtlAtJl.jpg

The NAC 282 preamplifier cannot be powered by an XPS as far as I know. It does offer a rather flexible array of power supply options including:

Some Naim amps (NAP 200, for example)
Naim FlatCap
Naim HiCap
Naim SuperCap
Some 3rd-party (TeddyCap, etc)

Also NAP 110, 160, 180 will power it (probably a 120 also but have never used one so check first). Looks a cracking unit.

Good morning, all. What better way to celebrate Mum’s day than with an upgrade to NAC 282? Ok there are probably many better ways… but still this for sale! :)

Have had to put this up on eBay, but still holding out hope for a more pleasant trade here on PFM. Will consider very near offers.

Just to point out - this 282 has had full service 2 years ago (£399 at the time) thus won’t need to be looked at again for at least a decade, per Naim’s current recommendation for Classic kit. Service prices only go one way, so some real value and convenience here!

These pre-amplifiers are tremendous VFM, and with quite a few about, prices are very advantageous.

I have one of these that did not sell over the past 1-2 years, so I've decided to leave it until the market clears.

Meantime, my advice to anybody considering Jusphish's offering would be, 'Go for it now, and also buy yourself the best power suply you can afford. Then you will have a pre-amp that is as good as any Nac-252 for far, far less outlay'

My experience with Naim pre-amps goes all the way from a Nac-12 to a Nac-552, including almost everything in-between, plus a lot of experiments with non-Naim improvements such as Ryan Sound Lab boards.

Based on that, I consider the Nac-282 to be the most undervalued Naim pre-amp.

GLWTS.

Skyebridge

advertisement

Back