advertisement

Naim n-Sats speakers from 2006...What are they worth?

The stands are rarer than the speakers but I would say 400 is closer the mark. The grills look a bit knackered but so do mine to be fair.

The stands are rarer than the speakers but I would say 400 is closer the mark. The grills look a bit knackered but so do mine to be fair.

Thank you ..can the grills be replaced? Can the grills be removed? Do they sound better or worse without the grills?

Yeah they just pop on. These are not acoustic grills just a very fine mesh to give an nice look, not like say the foams on sbls, no doubt others have heard a difference. They look great with our grills I doubt there are replacements

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I see that a pair, in cherry finish, sold for £320 without stands recently. I'd say £400 plus delivery (allowing for the bulk) would be a reasonable offer. She's not a million miles away in my opinion, depends how much you want them.

Lousy lame pictures and lack of facts in that auction.

In the right room and setup nSats can be thrilling IME.

Humm, I think thrilling is a bit of a stretch, they are competent book shelf speakers, I am listening to a black pair right now with a rel sub. Typical naim sound, rather thin without a sub, but then they released them with a naim sub, so. I have one of those too, best sub ever made because it has two inputs!

Looking at my grills up close I see none of that bobbling, they are just grubby, I wonder if cats ever got involved

A closer look at the second pic below the remote shows damage. I would say no on these ones. At that price anyway.

A closer look at the second pic below the remote shows damage. I would say no on these ones. At that price anyway.

I have asked about cabinet damage and I can see some wear and tear in photo 2 under the remote....I will be getting a few close ups.

Thank you ..can the grills be replaced? Can the grills be removed?

Grills can be removed, doubt Naim have spares and if...price would be upper limit.

In fact the latest pair I've owned had most of grill fasteners broken, I ran them mostly without grills on original stands.

If you want a laidback euphonic warm sound you might look elsewhere.

The woman is selling her recently deceased husband's hifi ...

Whatever reason people suggest" I hardly ask or take notice of rush reasons, because its probably not the real explanation of sales, and finally private matters.
What matters are the condition which is hard to guess from the lame pictures.
How many sides have a speaker ?

I got a totally mint pair with mint stands for just over £500 a few months ago. The grills on these make me nervous, I would want to see behind the grills too as who knows what they are hiding. Personally I would hang on for a better pair or see if the seller is willing to take a cheeky offer on these.

I got a totally mint pair with mint stands for just over £500 a few months ago. The grills on these make me nervous, I would want to see behind the grills too as who knows what they are hiding. Personally I would hang on for a better pair or see if the seller is willing to take a cheeky offer on these.

£500>>>£400 including postage.

advertisement

Back