advertisement

Naim logo backlight - where can I buy one?

scottcarpenter

pfm Member
The backlight unit that illuminates the Naim logo on my Nap 250 has stopped working.

I have opened the box up and had a closer look and they are easily replaced by removing two screws and disconnecting the two connectors.

Are these available to buy and if so where?

Look at www.omc-uk.com and search for "Edge Lit Back Light Panels".
I purchased one for a DIY amp from a common supplier, just can't remember which! RS, Farnells, Digikey or similar I suspect.
Cheers
Muzz

Hi Scott.

You might be better to check the (dropper) resistor hasn't gone open circuit.
It has to drop quite a few V's and can get cooked over a period of time and fail.

Mark from Witch Hat might be able to give guidance on the value and rating (W) required.

Dave.

Hi Scott.

You might be better to check the (dropper) resistor hasn't gone open circuit.
It has to drop quite a few V's and can get cooked over a period of time and fail.

Mark from Witch Hat might be able to give guidance on the value and rating (W) required.

Dave.

Is this resistor on the little PCB that is part of the light?

Ditto on the resistor failing, rather than the light-up module itself. If you don't get the answer by Monday Scott, I can let you know the value (i'll have the lid off a 250 at my place on Monday). Hope the rest of the system is working nicely! Or if the existing resistor isn't blackened to a crisp, can you read off the colour bands on it?

1k, or 1k2 on later models (may have been when transformers changed). Original resistor was a 1/3w metal film that just about lasts until it needs a service. Ahem. Later changed for chunky 2W resistor which I now fit as standard. Unfortunately the resistor can get so hot as to cause heat damage to the pads on the pcb so you're best off soldering it obliquely to the one of the LED pins.

advertisement

Back