advertisement

Naim forum down?

Hmm, it been down nearly a day now, perhaps there has been focus on the wrong sort of DR... Less Discrete Regulator and more Disaster Recovery required...
Simon

Jeeeesh, there are some pathetic people around on this forum. The sort that probably laugh at others misfortune. Cheap, very cheap and not very funny either!

Hi Allen... Fancy seeing you here.. Been auditioning the NDS.. Certainly not quite what I was expecting so far... I'll post all when the forum is back up. I chuckled at my DR dig, but you know what they say to people who laugh at their own jokes....

Hmmmm, still down... Can't be planned maintenance so perhaps the DR comment is not too far off the mark. My NDS is still sounding pretty fine btw...

Can we expect an influx of the ' can I plug an extra n-Cap into xxx' questions here is it, a bit like when those Red Indian fellows came over for a a bit of shelter when thier tent fell down there.

DS

Jeeeesh, there are some pathetic people around on this forum. The sort that probably laugh at others misfortune. Cheap, very cheap and not very funny either!

No more than on the Naim forum... I remember user feedback to the "revamp" over there - highly scathing! And Naim did not take a blind bit of notice.

Well it appears Hoopla's 'eve' servers went down unexpectedly yesterday.. And it looks like Naim is hosted on these.. According to Hoopla support those servers should all be back up now.. But still no Naim forum.. Oh well I can spend some time exploring these alien parts...

Forum down? We're going to need loads of coffee, tea and sandwiches and a lot of spare threads for the victims. We'll only have to provide shelter for a few days, till Naim get it all going again.

Wow Naim site down :eek:, does that mean the Naim Bxxxx Wxxxxxx Signal is inactive :eek: that leaves them all in a very venerable situation, how will they know what to do, think, say?:eek:.
I would advise all Name owners to shut down their systems immediately lock your doors and stay inside until further notice;)

Under no circumstances are you allowed to visit HIFI shops that sell alternative equipment to Naim especially LINN dealerships, dont talk to salesmen answer the phone or ask for advice on any other web site whilst you are in this venerable state :mad:

They will be up and running again shortly and will reward all loyal customers by only increasing the sales prices by 15% next year instead of the planned 18%

:D

Alan

Strangely, I can access the forum using the iPhone app. I can post too. However, it's very quiet, unsurprisingly.

I might get away with posting another tasteless joke, just to offend one or two sensitive souls. Except they wont read it..... Oh well.

Tony

Can we expect an influx of the ' can I plug an extra n-Cap into xxx' questions here is it, a bit like when those Red Indian fellows came over for a a bit of shelter when thier tent fell down there.

DS

Strangely enough, I've just upgraded from a Naim amp to another Naim amp, and am slightly underwhelmed. It could just be that I need to spring another couple of grand on a Naim power supply, to bring back the silly grin, toe-tapping and inky-black silences.

Yes, no-one liked the new Forum but that was / is down to Hoopla's incompetence, as it appears to be with this down-time. Naim Forum members were constructively criticising during that time, some points were heard, many not. Quite different to the cheap shots aimed out of this Forum at anothers', very unbecoming from quite a few, but to be expected, since any mention of the 'N' word seems to attract the detractors who choose any and every opportunity to take a pop.

Hoopla is what it is and Naim have bought into it, all I can imagine is that it's a lot cheaper than other hosting sites, otherwise why wouldn't Naim have moved onto another site. Luckily, it isn't representative of the hardware made by that manufacturer. And you all know it.

Strangely, I can access the forum using the iPhone app. I can post too. However, it's very quiet, unsurprisingly.

I can also view it via the iPhone app - though the computer audio section is generally of more interest to me than the other areas of the forum these days.

I might get away with posting another tasteless joke, just to offend one or two sensitive souls. Except they wont read it..... Oh well.

I thought you liked it there...! ;-)

Hoopla is what it is and Naim have bought into it, all I can imagine is that it's a lot cheaper than other hosting sites, otherwise why wouldn't Naim have moved onto another site. Luckily, it isn't representative of the hardware made by that manufacturer. And you all know it.

I'm not familiar with the Naim forum, but their hardware has always seemed a bit 'meh' to me.

I can also view it via the iPhone app - though the computer audio section is generally of more interest to me than the other areas of the forum these days.

I thought you liked it there...! ;-)

One or two are such easy targets, and I draw in support from most people there. However, I have asked to have my own post removed after a rethink. It was a very, very bad joke.

Tony

advertisement

Back