advertisement

Naim forum down?

Hoopla is what it is and Naim have bought into it, all I can imagine is that it's a lot cheaper than other hosting sites, otherwise why wouldn't Naim have moved onto another site. Luckily, it isn't representative of the hardware made by that manufacturer. And you all know it.

I thought the one about it needing a power supply was funny. Anyway, joking aside the forum is a pale shadow of what it was in form, function and especially content. Presumably the latter is not helped by the former.

This forum, of course, is populated entirely by reasonable, non-judgmental people who respect the views of others and have no personal bias.

This forum, of course, is populated entirely by reasonable, non-judgmental people who respect the views of others and have no personal bias.

..and find "welcome relief" when no they no longer have the option to hang out in a place they require relief from?

Whew... sounds like I need to get more folding chairs and cupcakes before the next Wounded By Naim Meet Up.

Next Month's Wounded By Naim Meet Up Theme:

"Sniffing my girlfriend's high heels -Right or Wrong?
Liking Naim, Apple or Microsoft -Right or Wrong?
Cutting a puppy's legs off and setting it on fire - Right or Wrong?"

And a gentle reminder for our new or more nervous members - we do NOT test anyone for any reason after the seminar.

Dave

I'm OK - you're OK, OK?

Aw, it's fixed already. Now what am I going to do with those loads of directional cookies and tea with external power supplies?

Bottle them as a side-show curiosity for a Crusade To Convert and Save Believers?

traveling-medicine-show1.jpg

Strangely enough, I've just upgraded from a Naim amp to another Naim amp, and am slightly underwhelmed. It could just be that I need to spring another couple of grand on a Naim power supply, to bring back the silly grin, toe-tapping and inky-black silences.

Been there done that, jumped off the merry-go-round.

Maybe you got a Friday amp, or one that is at the bottom of the tolerance window, who knows.

If you did the dem of the amp at your dealers (or borrowed it for trying at home), then borrow his amp and listen to see if what you got was what you heard from the dem amp.

advertisement

Back