advertisement

Naim first timer - Need advice

Thanks for the wealth of info flemming.

I understand that service is not an issue with Naim, I just want a clean sounding Naim which doesnt require mod to take care of a known weakness.

Can anyone please tell me about the XS series ? Like where do they stand compared to a entry level Classic series combo ? Am I better off going with an Olive pre-power over a current XS pre-power ?

Is it worth going for the XS 152/155 combo over the Nait XS integrated ?

I am also getting Naim 82 preamp with hicap and 552 phono board. How is this phono section. Will it compare to the current generation Naim superline phono amps ?

I can vote for XS Pre/Power entrylevel with separate PSU, this combo sound very complete in the right setup, but 3 boxes.
Its also better but different IMO than Olive entrylevel 92/90.3/FC albeit at a much higher cost.
Otherwise you could start with a 5i amp, these have a very good resell value should it not provide you enough, IMO a stonking good amp which I prefer with a better source than XS with a lesser source.

A serviced cared Olive or CB combo is allways attractive and you need to hear it yourself to define, ask 20 people in here and you get 20 opinions.

I'll guees a lower range preamp/Superline vs 82/523 will be preferred but never tested myself. Mind you SL is for MC only, 5XX can be used with MM too.

Pani actually heard my system which is a Rega Saturn into 52/SC/135/ATC SCM20. All my stuff are reasonably heavily modded, especially, the Saturn, Supercap and 135.....so what is heard in my setup may not be a true representation of the stock Naims that is out there.

advertisement

Back