advertisement

Naim Dac owners, a question…

John_73

pfm Member
I’ve just had to put the sale of my Naim Dac on hold to a gent here, as I’m not 100% sure if there’s an issue with it or not. Was hoping any longterm owners here might be able to offer an opinion.

When you first turn on the power, the sync and hd leds alternate a few times, then the input select button illuminates too, and you’re good to go. A few times I’ve noticed when turned on again, just the Naim logo illuminates, but nothing else. Other times - again after a shortish time between power off, and on again - the hd led sometimes lights, and the logo, but nothing else. Unplugging it for a bit then switching it on and all is well again. I know most Naim users leave their gear on, but I tend to switch it off at night, and recently whilst I was comparing it with another Dac too it was turned off for a bit.

I sent an email to Naim and they responded :

“In the case of your Naim DAC, it's possible that the boot-up sequence may vary depending on how short a time it was last switched off. It could be related to internal processes or checks that the DAC performs during the startup. As long as the DAC eventually boots up correctly and functions properly after a short delay, it may be considered within normal behaviour.”

So really just trying to acertain if this is normal behavoir for a short-ish period between turning it off, then on again, or if I should get it looked at. Due to long-term ill health getting to a dealer is unfortunately out of the question for now, so hoping it’s OK.

Ta,

John.

I’d just discuss it with the buyer send him Naims response and suggest that if there is a real problem within a month or so you’ll give him a refund. If Naim thought there was a real problem they would have asked you to send it to them via your dealer.

advertisement

Back