advertisement

Naim CD player Trade-in Scheme

pfbaat

pfm Member
Posted today on Naim Forum, finally they listened to the massive none-support critic, there's even a Olive player among.

Across the past 18 months or so, Naim have seen many key components required in the repair of their legacy CD players become obsolete. The Naim Procurement team have bulk-bought much of the remaining stock, but they are now seeing these supplies run dry. This makes the ongoing support they always try to offer on all Naim products almost impossible on most CD player repairs.

To offset this issue, Naim UK are pleased to announce the launch of a trade-in scheme. This will allow current owners of the eligible CD players (listed below) to trade in your CD player for a preferential rate on a Uniti Star, a streamer (NDX2 or ND5 XS2) of your choice and/or a Uniti Core at your local retailer.

ELIGIBLE CD PLAYERS FOR EXCHANGE:

• CD5
  • CDX
  • CDX-2
  • CD5i
  • CDS-3
  • CD5x
  • CD5i-2
  • CD5 XS

It depends on what percentage of the new items value you will get. It could be a God send or a total rip off. We need more information.

I got 50% off a brand-new B-440XS when Densen had no spares for the repair of my (then 10+ year old) B-400XS. I thought that was reasonable. I wonder what Naim is offering.

2024 trade-in your Naim CDX which is worth around £300.00 in the secondhand market and receive £700.00 off a Uniti Star. You could also trade-in your old Naim CDX and receive £1500.00 off a Naim NDX2 and £550.00 off a Uniti Core CD ripper, bringing the total savings to £2050.00!

2034 trade-in your old Naim streamer for a new one

40dfd95f49baa06fc7591a884726b75a.webp

It's promotional.
But they don't need to do anything.
If your Naim CD player is old and iffy, or you don't use it much anymore or if you want to try a Naim streamer it's a great idea.
Why not?

The last time Naim tried this is how I got my CD2, c 2005.

It had been handed in here in Bath, and the 'thing' wrong with it - one of the screws retaining the metal feet (self-tappers, mind) - was stripped.
For the asking, and under £300 it was mine from the (very) local dealer '-too nice to scrap'.

I galloped 300m home with it, ran an M5 tap through all four holes to take M5*20mm countersunk A2 machine screws I had a supply of, to retain the feet - and have bloody loved the thing ever since.

Seems a shame Nam are doing sim now to (harvest VAM1250 laser mechs, to my eye). What a total waste. havent 'they' worked-out you can use the available VAM 1204 laser in the 1205 hall-motor mech (because the disc motor never wears-out), as 'we here, pfm -diy tested, made work >15yrs ago: it's a drop-in!

/OH - but that wont sell any new stock, will it...

The last time Naim tried this is how I got my CD2, c 2005.

It had been handed in here in Bath, and the 'thing' wrong with it - one of the screws retaining the metal feet (self-tappers, mind) - was stripped.
For the asking, and under £300 it was mine from the (very) local dealer '-too nice to scrap'.

I galloped 300m home with it, ran an M5 tap through all four holes to take M5*20mm countersunk A2 machine screws I had a supply of, to retain the feet - and have bloody loved the thing ever since.

Seems a shame Nam are doing sim now to (harvest VAM1250 laser mechs, to my eye). What a total waste. havent 'they' worked-out you can use the available VAM 1204 laser in the 1205 hall-motor mech (because the disc motor never wears-out), as 'we here, pfm -diy tested, made work >15yrs ago: it's a drop-in!

/OH - but that wont sell any new stock, will it...
Haha.... Gosh. Solely to harvest CD mechanisms? Reaching a bit there Martin.

Haha.... Gosh. Solely to harvest CD mechanisms? Reaching a bit there Martin.
Not really; these players all use VAM-1205, and these have been unobtainable for about 15yrs. 'Naim have seen many key components required in the repair of their legacy CD players become obsolete.' Bolleaux.

There's nothing else that will fail in service that'd feed such demand.

Not really; these players all use VAM-1205, and these have been unobtainable for about 15yrs. 'Naim have seen many key components required in the repair of their legacy CD players become obsolete.' Bolleaux.

There's nothing else that will fail in service that'd feed such demand.
So they are going to all this time, effort and expenditure to obtain a stack of 15 year old (or more) CD drive mechanisms in order to keep a load of ancient CD players on the road for a while longer?
Bless you.

advertisement

Back