advertisement

Naim cb version not support hi-line

The Hi Line is an interconnect, 5pin din/5pin din for say connecting CDP to Pre.

If you are trying to connect Power amp to Pre you need a 4pin din/ 4 pin din SNAIC, not a Hi Line.

I have a Power Line on my 160 which is groovy but differnt altoghter being a mains cable.

Edit: There Prowla said it too.

OF course I am trying to plug in 5 pin din. However it is very difficult to fit in the old style female plug. Anyone tried to plug in successfully?

No locking rings on a Hi-line. It will fit into the earlier Deltron DIN5s no problem, although you may need to push a little harder than normal (Warning - make sure you have the pins lined up exactly before you push harder, otherwise you can damage the plug &/or socket) because the little ridge on top of the airplug can sometimes make for a very snug fit on the Deltron sockets.

NB. when you insert a normal DIN, you do it with the plug rotated about 1/8 turn counterclockwise, but with the Hi-Line the logo is to the top.

The hiline will only go into the deltron sockets about half way and its very tight at that.

advertisement

Back