advertisement

Naim case sizes?

bugbear

pfm Member
I know Naim are famously ideosyncratic - but do Naim boxes fit standard supports? Or does one need special Naim supports?

I have a Sound organisation rack, and the shelves are 18" wide by 14" deep; would a "big" Naim or 2 half Naims fit?

Yes - a full size will fit , or 2 half size will. I ran my 62 and 140 like this for years , despite it not being the optimum distance apart.
My local Naim dealer chastised me for doing so - and he was actually right - but I guess it all depends on how keen you are on squeezing the last potential drop of goodness out of the system.

Yes - a full size will fit , or 2 half size will. I ran my 62 and 140 like this for years , despite it not being the optimum distance apart.
My local Naim dealer chastised me for doing so - and he was actually right - but I guess it all depends on how keen you are on squeezing the last potential drop of goodness out of the system.
Was thinking of a pair of mono block 140s...

Two of those on the bottom shelf will be less than optimum for whatever goes on the shelf above.
They will also cause the shelf to sag noticeably under their combined weight - which may - or may not - bug you .
Depends on how much bugging you can bear ....
It bothered me enough to make a new shelf in birch ply and carbon fibre which didn't sag no matter what went on it.
Didn't make any difference to the sound though, which was a wee bit disappointing considering the effort it took.
And after decades or so I ditched the whole lot for an Ikea Kallax unit . And very spiffy it looks too.

advertisement

Back